Chapter 36 - Birthday girl

Start from the beginning

"Oh," he sighed, looking relieved. "I thought that you were just being friendly that day because you felt sorry for me or something."

"That definitely wasn't it." I giggled, scratching my arm up and down.

"Happy birthday by the way. Did you have a good day today?"

"Thank you," I stretched out the 'u'. "Today mostly consisted of ordering the event planners around but other than that, it was fun. What about you?"

"Remember how I said that I have three older sisters? Well, my day was spent with them ordering me around whole day. My sister is getting married in a few weeks times so you can imagine how she's been overreacting." He stressed. I couldn't help but laugh.

"Congratulations!" I said in excitement. I loved the concept of marriage.

"Thank you."

I was about to say something when I noticed Gabriel enter through the mansion's doors. I perked up suddenly, moving past Parker and instinctively pulling him with me by the arm. I blushed when I realised what I'd done and dropped his arm.

"Gabe!" I called. When his eyes shot towards me, he came towards where Parker and I was stood.

"Is that your brother?" Parker asked nervously. I remembered their last and only encounter and understood his skepticism.

"Yeah, he may look tough on the outside but he's actually a giant softie so don't worry." I giggled.

"Good to know." He gulped.

"Sera, what are you doing standing here? Go entertain all of your guests." Gabriel scowled.

"I am! And where were you this whole time?" I asked in confusion. "All of our family came and asked for you but you were missing."

"I had things to do, Sera. But I'm here now." He assured.

"Good. I also want to introduce you to Parker, my new friend. Do you remember him?" I asked.

Gabriel only seemed to notice the presence of Parker in that second. I noticed him analyse Parker from head to toe, and mentally face palmed myself. Way to make the guy feel awkward.

"No . . . I don't. Actually, wait. I do remember you. You're that preppy blonde dude that we met at the ice cream parlor. Yeah, I remember how you were starting at Sera like a creep."

"Gabriel!" I exclaimed, shoving him harshly. Dear God, Gabriel seriously had to work on his bedside manners.

Parker shifted awkwardly, looking ready to pee in his pants. It was both amusing and embarrassing, but the embarrassment on Gabriel's behalf was enough to overpower any feelings of amusement.

"Sorry, alright. I'm just saying it how it is." Gabriel said.

"No, you're being rude." I said in annoyance.

"Fine, I apologise." He held his hands up in defense.

I scoffed and with one last shove at Gabriel, which did nothing to him really, I grabbed Parker's hand and pulled him away. I heard Gabriel's laugh as we walked towards the giant dining hall, where the most noise came from and loud laughter.

I let go of his hand when we neared Bella, Caitlyn, and Clarke. "I'm sorry about Gabriel."

"No worries." He shrugged. "I get it."

"Luckily for you, Mikhail and Sebastien are far more friendlier than he is."

"Wait, you have more brothers?" He asked in bewilderment.

"Yep, don't you remember?" I giggled.

He groaned and placed a hand on his head. "This place is seriously monitored all the time, right? You're super protected."