Chapter 4: A chance of forgiveness

The louds made it out of the cave and onto a mountain overlooking a small town. As Lori looked over the city she didn't see much activity going on throughout the town, a perfect spot to try and hold off against Logan and the hunter.

Lincoln: So would anyone like to explain more in detail about the guy in armor?

Luna: We call them hunters. They're an alien species.

Lincoln: Of course I know what y'all call then, but why?

Lola: Well we see just a few of them at a time and they hunt down a target. The reason why we call them hunter is because of all the traps and tools it has.

Lana: That and the fact that they'll kill anyone in their way. But this is the third one we ever saw. This one is actually attacking us.

Lynn: And he wants you for some reason Lincoln.

Luan: Yeah. He'll just take you away from us and you probably won't ever see us again....depending on if you can escape or kill him.

Lori: Yeah. What we should do is-

Lincoln: Well I'm going to go find him and going with him to get away from y'all. (he turns to walk away)

Luna: Hey Lincoln! (Lori held her hand in front of her)

Lori: Let him go further.

Luan: Your not about to do what I think you're going to do right?

Lori: I'm doing it.

Lola just sighs.

Lola: Do I need to remind y'all that the hunter and Logan are still after us?

Lana: Yeah. Seems like it's a waste of-

Suddenly Lana stopped talking. Or it appeared as she did, she was moving incredibly slow and Lori just sighs and walked towards Lincoln, she picked him up and walked back over to the others and placed him back down. She cracked her knuckles and she looked around the area to check on Logan or the hunter. As she didn't find them she heads back to them and time goes back or normal.

Lana: Time...

Lincoln: What the hell? How did I?

Luna: One of Lori's powers is that of super speed.

Lincoln: So there's no escape?

Luna: Yeah. There isn't. But her powers got her limits. The limits are the reason why she didn't try to use it on Logan because he could control concrete and rocks. She's not sure about the hunter and what he could exactly do.

Lori: Yeah. Now moving on from that. Let's go down to the town. Pull out Logan other forces and let's finish them all off.

Lola: Yeah. Now let's get going.

Lincoln: Y'all can go without me. I'm going to wait for that hunter to show up.

Lori walked to him and she put her hand on his shoulder.

Lori: Lincoln. I'm sorry about what we did and I wish we could turn back time to fix it. But we can't. What we could do is fix our relationship. We could restart it, forget about all of the bad that we did. Just remember the good and maybe we could build off of that and our relationship would be better.

Lincoln just looks down and thinks, he just sighed and looked at Lori.

Lincoln: We could just try to fix things. Maybe it'll work. Maybe it won't. I'll give you a chance...a chance to prove that y'all changed. (Lori smiled and she hugged him)

Lynn: One chance is all we need.

Luna: Now come on let's go.

They nodded and headed to the small town.