Chapter 38

The next morning I woke up and immediately sighed. It was Sunday. Which meant school the next day. Not excited for that at all. I wish it was summer again. I can't believe it's only January. January always feels so long but so short at the same time and it just messes with me and I just hate it so much. 

Today is gonna be the first time in months that my band has a meetup to play. I can't believe it's been so damn long. I reluctantly got out of bed to get ready to go. Took a shower, brushed my teeth and then had to figure out what to wear. I ended up deciding on a white blink-182 shirt with ripped black jeans. I put on my tattered vans that were practically ruined from skateboarding but I was too emotionally attached to them to get new ones. I threw my hair up into a simple ponytail. Then I grabbed my black denim jacket and I was on my way.

I pulled into Maddy's driveway and saw her little brother Jax playing football in the front yard in a fucking t-shirt. I opened my door and stepped out.

"Jax, put on a fucking sweatshirt it's like 20 degrees outside." I said. He looked at me and rolled his eyes.

"You're just a pussy." He shouted back laughing. It was my turn to roll my eyes.

"No. I just have common sense." I shot back, walking to the house. He and his friends resumed there game. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hadley, the bassist, Raven, the drummer, Sam, the pianist, and Maddy, the vocalist, were all down there already. 

"MIA!" Raven squealed and jumped into my arms. She goes to a different school so I haven't seen her since our last gig so it's been quite a while.

"I miss you so much! It's been so fucking long since I've seen you." I said. We all chatted for a bit before the basement door opened again. I expected it to be Jax and his friends so I barely even gave it a second thought but then the room fell silent and everyone stopped talking to look at me. I finally looked up and Saw the last person I wanted to see standing at the top of the stairs. It was Jay.

"Why is he here?" I asked shortly.  Maddy stepped forward.

"Mia, I know you're probably gonna be mad at me but we really do need a lead guitarist." She said nervously. At first she was right. I did feel pretty mad but I took a deep breath.

"Whatever. If it's best for the band let's just practice." I said. I kept getting distracted by Jay the whole time. I miss hanging out with him. He was so fun to be around. He was wearing joggers and an old soccer hoodie. His new attire seemed different from what he wore when we were close. He must've "grown out" of his tattered ripped jeans and band tees i guess.

We practiced for about two hours before Jax and his friends decided that it was their turn to use the basement. They wanted to play xbox and honestly I can't blame them. Xbox is fun.

"Hey guys let's go get a snack upstairs."  Maddy said and we all followed her up the creaky stairs. She got out some fruit and chips and some soda. I of course got some water instead because water is the best drink on this earth. No one dan convince me otherwise no matter how hard they tried. Water is just too good. Fuck soda. Water is the best. We all sat around chatting for a bit. Until Justin stood up suddenly and asked where the bathroom was.

"Go up the stairs and it will be the last door on the right." Maddy said. I watched him practically run up the stairs and then went back to talking to Raven about her private school. My phone buzzed and I looked down. It was a text from Justin. 

"Come meet me upstairs. Please. I want to talk." said the text.

"Yo I'm gonna go to the bathroom. I'll be right back." They barely acknowledged when I left. That was lucky. Justin probably just wanted to talk right? Nothing else? I walked through the familiar hallway and stopped in front of the last door on the right. I opened the door and Justin was standing there with his hands on the edge of sink with his head down, probably lost in thought. 

"Hey." I said. He looked back at me through the reflection.

"Hey." He replied. 

"So...what do you want?"

"I want you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
aight this is a boring chapter but imma update again tonight so yuhhh thanks for reading