Chapter 12

I grabbed Jay's hand and followed Maddy into the house. We ran down to the basement. We had a performance in the local bar that could be a big break for us. All we need is one first fan to help us reach success. Without the lead guitar, we wouldn't sound nearly as good. I skipped half the steps on the way down to Maddy's basement.

Our drummer Raven was sitting next to Hadley, awkwardly patting her back. Raven had "punk pixie" hair that was dark brown with some dark red streaks. She was extremely short and she's shy even though her appearence seemed bold and confident. She had on a blank tank and ripped black jeans. She had boots with spikes on them and a matching jacket. Our pianist, Sam was sitting in the corner watching the mess unfold. He had light brown hair and was tall and lean. He had a purple mania (Fall Out Boy album thing) shirt and a black hoodie and ripped jeans. He didn't have any piercings like the rest of us and like me, he had no colored hair.

"Okay so what the hell is happening here?" Jay awkwardly asked. The others looked at him. Maddy looked as if she just realized he was there for the first time.

"Who's that snack?" Sam spoke out from the corner, nodding towards Justin. I could've sworn that Justin blushed.

"Sam keep your gayass mouth shut," Raven piped up. Sam laughed.

"I'm bi, get it right." Sam corrected. We all laughed.

"He fuckin cheated on me! With that slut Jessica!" Hadley shouted. Of course, he did. James was a good guy but when he got mad he'd do irrational things. Normally he'd just get really drunk and do some stupid shit, but cheating is a whole other level of bad. Especially when it's with the town slut.

"Oh my god. Seriously? That manwhore," I spat out. It hurt m to say that though. He was my good friend and bandmate. That thought led me to remember that we lost a member. "That sucks and you may have lost your boyfriend but we lost our guitarist."

"Mia shut up," Sam rolled his eyes. Hadley was about to yell something at me that probably would've been along the lines of "WHAT THE FUCK! YOU BITCH! ASSHOLE! I FUCKIN HATE YOU! BITCH! GO FUCK YOURSELF!" So basically she would've yelled anything that had a lot of swears in it.

"I can play guitar," Justin jumped in. Everyone stared at him again.

"Excuse me but, who are you?" asked Maddy.

"I'm Mia's-" I cut him off. I wasn't sure what he was going to say. I can't deny that we both like each other and stuff has happened but we weren't dating, yet. We were still holding hands from when I dragged him down here. He nudged me a little but ignored him.

"He's my...friend," I quickly said. Sam seemed to be the only one who noticed anything odd about what just happened.

"Are you sure that's all he is?" Sam smirked. I blushed and let go of his hand.

"Yes!" I said even more quickly. "Anyways, this is Justin. My FRIEND. " I said the last part to Sam. "He can play the guitar. Lead too."

"Well let's hear him play," Hadley seemed to have recovered quickly. She got up and handed him James's guitar. It was a nice purple and black one.

 It was a nice purple and black one