Chapter 8

Justin's POV

"Okay everybody. Go upstairs and find a place to crash." Mikey herded everyone up the stairs.

Mia was still on my lap but she just fell asleep. I knew I couldn't carry her by myself. Besides skating I'm not a very athletic person. I wasn't weak but I definitely. Couldn't carry someone my age up the stairs regardless of their size or gender.

I watched everyone walk up the stairs. They were all stumbling around. Except for Noah. He stepped onto the first step and looked back at me. He opened his mouth to speak. But closed it again. I sighed. I knew he was gonna offer to help so I just asked him myself.

"Hey Noah," I said just when he was about to go up the stairs. "I might need a little help." I said gesturing at Mia. He smiled a little and walked over awkwardly.

     Our parents were once good friends but over the years they drifted a part. Same thing happened to me and Noah.

    "So um I'll just carry her to her room I guess?" he said like it was a question.

"Yeah okay." I replied.

I watched him scoop her up and I felt a pang of jealousy. I led him up the stairs and opened the door for them. He nodded in thanks as I closed it. We went up another flight of stairs.

We opened her room and it was totally not what I expected. I thought it would be grey with tapestries and that stuff because that's what most peoples rooms were like. Well that's what my sisters rooms are like. Instead it was split horizontally. Black walls on the bottom and white on the top. There were posters of bands ranging from Twenty One Pilots to Metallica. Ajr to All time low. A red and a black and a blue electric guitar and black and a brown acoustic guitar were hanging on her walls along with 5 different ukuleles and a blue and a black electric bass. There was a keyboard too. And a red drum set was there too. There was a huge bookshelf filled with sheet music and accessories along with plenty of books like divergent, hunger games, harry potter, percy jackson, and the unwanteds.

She had a full sized bed with a white frame and a black and red quilt. I liked her color scheme a lot. It was mainly black and white with splashes of red and blue here and there. I must've been staring at her room for a while because I didn't notice that Noah was setting Mia down on her bed. I walked over and tucked her in with him. I kissed her on the head and me and Noah walked out to go find a place to sleep.

"Thanks for the help." I said awkwardly to Noah.

"No problem." he replied.

"Where are you gonna sleep?" I asked him quietly so I wouldn't accidentally wake anyone up.

"I think I'm gonna crash in the playroom." he said.

"Oh okay. Mind if I come?"

"Uh sure okay."

We turned down a dark hallway. There were pictures hanging on the wall but I couldn't make out what they were. Noah opened the door at the end of the hall way and we walked in. There were two couches. I went over to the smaller one because I was shorter and smaller. Noah was the football player. He needs his space.

I sat down and untied my converse. I placed them next to the couch. I also pulled off my shirt and laid it down next to me. The couch was very comfortable but the room was hot. I sat there, not tired at all. I looked at Noah and he was laying down facing the ceiling.

"How do you sleep with jeans on?" asked Noah, breaking the silence. He had sweatpants on all day so he didn't have to deal with jeans.

"I'm used to it I guess," I said. It was true. I was used to going to the skatepark until all hours of the night and then having to sleep at my friends houses. I always wore jeans so yeah.

"Oh okay. Goodnight I guess," he said awkwardly. I had to smile at his awkwardness.

"Goodnight." I replied. I finally took off my beanie and closed my eyes to try to sleep.

Thank you dear readers for reading this crappy writing. Vote comment add to your reading lists or whatever please.

Bye👽