41 - Two Worlds, One Smosh

Hey guys my mental state isn't the healthiest rn so this writing kinda sucks sorry I just needed to wrap things up quickly... one more chapter after this! Thank you all you mean the literal world to me. 

- RAWT

Noah and Damien leapt forward to stop Courtney from screaming and clawing Red's eyes out. "GET OUT OF HERE! I SWEAR I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!" Courtney vowed. Red flinched, pain present in her green eyes.

Red fidgeted with her fingers, slick with blood from her constant spit up. She had the sense to remain silent, because if anything were to leave her mouth besides blood, Courtney would definitely flare up again, her eyes sparking with flames.

"What are you doing here?" Olivia asked grouchily, quietly. Keith scuffed his feet.

"I... I need you to give me another chance," Red mumbled.

"WHY THE FU(bleep) SHOULD WE?!" Courtney spat. Mittens mozied over to Red and rubbed against her legs. She picked him up and Courtney just stared with her jaw dropped.

Until, of course, Mittens bit the vampire's arm. "Ow!" Red yelped, dropping the feline. Mittens scampered back over to Courtney, who looked at him gratefully, hugging him.

"Mittens, I absolutely love you," Courtney cooed.

"You're welcome," Mittens said cooly. Red snorted in annoyance, rubbing the bite.

"You're seriously not going to trust me?" Red said, offended. Everyone just raised an eyebrow at her like really? "I... I guess you have a point. But- I know what you're looking for and I can get you to it." Red swallowed. "Please. I can get you the keyboard. You can stop the white king."

"What changed your mind?" Noah asked dubiously.

"...I should have never done that to my friends," Red whispered. Courtney crossed her arms over her chest after setting down Mittens. "I swear, I'll help you guys. I... I wouldn't make that mistake again." She looked at Courtney, desperate for forgiveness.

"I don't want to trust her..." Courtney admitted, "but how else are we supposed to get ahold of that keyboard? She already knows that we're looking for it."

Red wore a smug expression. "Follow me." Keith and Damien looked at Courtney for clarification. She could only think, Why are they looking at me? I'm not the leader.

But she took a deep breath and nodded. If Red stabbed her in the back again, so be it.

Red led them into the back of the white fortress. Courtney just tensed up even being in there. She knew Shayne (well, not Shayne exactly, some altered version of him) was within these walls somewhere. She would end this for him.

Noah piped up. "So, what exactly is the plan?" The rest of them shushed him. He rolled his eyes with a soft huff but followed Red, who had pulled her blue hoodie over her golden locks and scampered around surreptitiously like a spy.

They crept into a darkened room. Red closed the door behind them and exhaled in relief. "Oh, good, the hard part's over-

"-What are you doing?" A nasally voice said in the dark and everyone jumped, Red yelping.

"God! Janice, you scared the crap out of me."

Janice took a while to answer. "Sorry."

Noah and Keith exchanged glances, as did Olivia and Courtney and Damien and Mittens. The cat raised an eyebrow at Janice. "Who are you?"

"M'name's Janice," the girl said. She looked like she was in a midlife crisis, with a nasty look frozen on her face, messy hair, and filthy. She rubbed the dripping snot from her nose and Courtney wrinkled her own in disgust.