17 - A Wish is a Dream?

All of the guys applauded for her. "Thank you. Thank you," she said, bowing.

"So... you were basically volunteered by them?" Ian asked.

"Yeah." I didn't ask to be trained by that bishop guy, but it was pretty interesting," Olivia shrugged. She looked ahead. "Look, I see the sign!"

Sure enough, a giant "Wish a Dream" sign with two bright yellow smiley faces welcomed them. They ran (as Ian rolled) over to the building.

"So... we're looking for Scott and Phil, right?" Damien asked Mittens.

"Yeah. They'll probably be there when you open the door." Mittens ripped a patch of fur from his shoulder-back area.

So... do we just... walk in?" Noah asked nervously.

Olivia walked in despite Noah's concern, followed by Damien, Ian, Noah, and Keith.

There was a smiling lady at a desk as they walked in. "Welcome to Wish a Dream, where-"

"Yeah, sweetie, skip the whole intro." Ian grumbled. "Just tell us where Scott and Phil are."

"Erm... uh... they're in the back," the lady said nervously. "Why?"

"We have a bone to pick with these two guys," Noah said, "so you should probably lead us to them, lady."

"Please," Damien added.

"NOW." Ian snapped.

The lady rose from the desk. "R-right this way, friends." She tried to smile but her whole body was shaking.

"Relax," Damien assured her. "We're not here to rob you-"

"Yeah, we're here to murder you," Mittens chuckled. The lady fainted, making them all stop in their steps. "Whoops," Mittens sniggered.

Two men sat in the back, talking. They turned their heads toward the squad for a second, then looked back at each other. Then they doubletaked. "Urmm..." one stammered. Can we help you?"

"What did you do to us?" Olivia asked, serious.

"What do you mean?" the first guy said nervously.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK WE MEAN, bi(bloop)?!" Mittens screeched.

The two men froze. "How did you get that cat to talk?"

"We didn't. You might say somebody wished for it to happen." Damien cracked his knuckles, and the guys flinched. "Ow." Damien said, shaking out his hand.

"We're sorry! What did we do?!" the men cried.

"You know exactly what you did," Ian confronted them, narrowing his eyes.

"No... really. Specifically, what did we do?" the second man asked.

"Let's just say that you gave this coin..." Noah held up the coin.

"Which was from fu(bleep)ing Satan, by the way," Ian interjected, his eyes blazing.

"...to a certain kid who wished revenge..." Olivia crossed her arms.

"...on a certain comedy group on YouTube called Smosh..." Damien flicked his hair out of his face and stared at the two puzzled men.

"...wishing for all of their content to come to life..." Keith made a knuckle sandwich.

"And it did," Mittens hissed, his fur spiking. Then he looked at the rest of them. "Damn, guys, that was a really epic moment! Very well planned out."

"This wasn't... planned..." Damien stuttered. "You would have been included."

"Yeah, I guess I would have known if you guys were practicing this," Mittens said.