22 - Welcome To Cone Town!

They were not okay. A bunch of angry little cones waddled toward them. Damien could swore he could hear small hissing noises coming from the cones.

"Are they hissing at us?!" Damien yelped.

"Are those teeth?!" Noah yelled.

"Are they going to kill us?!" Keith screamed.

"They're kind of cute...?" Olivia tried to look for the positive.

"Wow," Mittens huffed.

Ian said nothing. He just shut his eyes and concentrated really hard. It was pretty hard to, with everyone freaking out around him. That was just making him more anxious. Shrink... shrink... he told himself, ignoring the pain. A sheen of sweat glistened on his forehead.

The little orange cones were closing in, fast. Some were already climbing up Ian's wheelchair and everyone else's feet. Mittens had several piling up on top of him, tugging at his bandana and fur as he spat curses at the furious creatures.

"We can't back up anymore!" Noah looked behind him and there were no more cones. They were officially at the edge of Cone Town. One more step and they would be zapped. They could only stand there and wait for the demise that would surely come at any second.

"Goodbye, cruel world," Damien cried dramatically. Then he thought aloud to himself. "That actually wouldn't be a bad thing to have on my grave... 'Damien Haas, murdered by traffic cones'," he chuckled nervously.

"Really, Damien?!" Noah exclaimed.

"EVERYONE SHUT UP I'M TRYING TO FOCUS!" Ian shouted, overwhelmed. They obeyed reluctantly, more curious about what Ian was focusing on at the moment than screaming about being attacked by traffic cones.

Ian finally shrunk down to the size of one of the mini-cones attacking his friends. And then he immediately collapsed. He tried to swallow down the pain, for the sake of their own lives. Why did he always have to be the hero? He was the fu(bleep)ing pregnant one! He sighed. Oh, well, he loved his friends too much. Even if they did start out as hired actors. "Hey! HEY!" Ian hollered to the cone monsters, frantically. "Why are you attacking?!"

Several of the cones stopped and turned toward him. Luckily, they showed no sign of aggression towards him, but Ian still kept his guard up, even if he couldn't physically keep himself up. He dragged himself over to one of the cones, wincing with every movement.

Three cones waddled over to him and stared at him curiously. He leaned up against a larger traffic cone to keep his balance. "Well?" He asked again. "Why are you attacking us? You don't have to. We could help you, whatever you need." He knew what he was suggesting was insane, how could they satisfy the needs of a traffic cone? But he was running out of options.

And time. Pain was slowly creeping its way back into his system.

The three cones turned to one another to deliberate. Ian basically heard them saying, "Ito, ito, ito. Ito? Ito itoito to. Ito? Ito! Ito ito ito ito ito!" then they turned back to Ian, who was very puzzled, and stuck out a little orange thumbs up.

Ian looked on with confusion as the three little cones hollered, "ITO!" and the rest of the cones immediately stopped hissing and began climbing down off of everyone. Ian sighed in relief before slumping down up against the cone he was using to stand up.

"Wait... what?" Damien questioned as the little cones crawled down him, and off of him. Even Mittens could now breathe, because he wasn't being suffocated by cones anymore.

"Why are they stopping?" Olivia asked.

"Ian, what did you do?" Noah hollered down at the cones. He didn't see Ian, though. Maybe Ian would hear him.