5 - A Dark Room With Dark Secrets

The squad arrived at Ian's house. They all stared at his spooky spiral staircase for a while before shuddering and going to the door.

"I am going to kick his..." Courtney trailed off as the door creaked open slightly. The sound of a vacuum filled the house as well as running water, loud thumps and screams of terror and agony.

"What the fu(bleep)...?" Keith whispered. The rest of them shushed him. They slowly walked in, wincing at every little noise they made. The house was pitch black. Well, not quite, but it was close.

"...Ian...?" Courtney called cautiously. The rest of the squad held their breath.

Courtney bravely took a step in. Then she screamed as something grabbed her from behind. Something LARGE.

The rest of the squad screamed. "Courtney?!" Shayne was the one to take out his phone and get his flashlight. But for some reason his phone wasn't working. Instead it was only flashing a creepy sun emoji at him...

Courtney kicked the figure behind her who responded with "Ow! Hey! Court, stop! Stop!" Courtney turned around to see Ian's glasses reflecting light from the outside.

"Ian?!" She gasped. "What is going on?!"

"Shh!" He yelped. "I don't have much time! He knows you're here, you need to get out of here!" He suddenly groaned.

"Ian what the fu(bleep) is going on?!" She whispered.

"GET OUT OF HERE!" He shoved her away, and she stumbled through the darkness and ran into Shayne, who screamed.

"Shayne!" Courtney yelped.

"Oh my god, what happened?! What was that?!" Shayne screamed.

"It's Ian! Something's going on... he said someone knows we're here and we need to leave."

Shayne grabbed her hand and pulled her to where the rest of the squad was. "I'm going to search for the light switch," he volunteered, his voice quivering.

Damien opened the door more and pointed across the room. "There!" He beat Shayne to it by racing across the room, dodging the dark like some sort of anime character and flicked the switch. "Yes!" He smiled, satisfied. His smile disappeared when he saw the rest of the squad's faces. Their eyes were practically bugged out of their heads. They slowly backed up.

"What the fu(bleep) is that thing?!" Shayne whisper-screamed.

"Damien..." Noah started, "run. Don't turn around."

Olivia huddled close to Keith.

Damien of course turned around, and came face to face with a tall person with an emoji as a face. The dark sunglasses reflected Damien's face, and the figure's black smile seemed to almost stretch wider.

Before Damien could scream, Ian hobbled over. "Leave them alone!" He gasped. "I got the text, they didn't."

The creepy emoji glanced over at the rest of the squad and then back at Ian's desperate yet determined face.

The rest of the squad couldn't even stare at the emoji. Their eyes were all fixed on Ian's enormous stomach.

"Just give me five minutes to explain," Ian begged, "then you can work me for the rest of my life."

The emoji growled and exited the room. Ian exhaled and flopped down on his extremely clean couch. "Please don't track anything in," he groaned.

They ignored his comment and scampered over to him like mice.

"Ian... what? Who...?" Noah asked.

Ian just sighed.

Courtney paced in front of the couch, her hands to her head. "Ian, we figured it out, we all had horrible nights and mornings and it was all-"