3 - Squad Nights

Ian Hecox found he couldn't sleep. Maybe it was something in the atmosphere, or just the fact that his house had been invaded before, and it could very well happen again. Or maybe because he knew something bad would happen very soon. He could just feel it brewing inside of him.

At least he had a horcrux underneath his bathroom sink.

Just kidding.

He tried to get some rest, but frankly something was keeping him up, even though he was exhausted. "Sh(bloop)," he groaned, pulling the quilt over his head.

***

Shayne Topp woke up in the middle of the night. He blinked twice and looked around in the darkness. Something wasn't right, but he couldn't put his finger on it.

He went back to sleep. Whatever it was, he'd figure it out in the morning.

***

Keith Leak Jr. had no problems that night. He was, in fact, sound asleep.

***

Courtney Miller woke up around one a.m. to hear a bird crash against her window. She tried her best to ignore it and go back to sleep.

Around five minutes later, she heard another crash against her window. "Oh! There's a window here," a high-pitched voice gasped, "Sorry. I am not falling for that again."

Courtney tried her best to ignore it, figuring she was hallucinating, and went back to sleep.

Around three minutes later, there was yet another crash. "Sh(bloop). Sorry, there's still a window here. Still. A window... sh(bloop)," the same slightly familiar voice cursed.

Courtney got up to open the window, but saw nothing but a bird there.

***

Noah Grossman woke up around three a.m. after dreaming about putting an entire watermelon in his mouth, which fit perfectly for some reason. But he did put a lot of things in his mouth. But what woke him up confused him: an angry party of citizens protesting outside of his bedroom. He peeked out at them and yelled, "What are you protesting about at this house?" They responded, "Why, Santa is horrible and terrifying. We must rebel and save his elves from slavery under his big fat self."

Noah blinked. "But it's not even Christmas,"

The leader of the protest gasped. "How dare you be racist toward holidays! You're part of this problem, sir!"

A woman behind the leader gasped. "How dare you use the term 'racist' for holidays! You're part of the problem!"

Another person began with another "How dare you", but Noah shut the window before they could continue. For some reason, he felt like he'd heard this before...

He pondered for another hour before giving up and going to sleep.

***

Shayne woke up to a phone call. "Hello?" he mumbled into the phone.

"You're my favorite pizza place," the cheery voice cheesed. Then, the line went dead.

Shayne decided to confront his phone in the morning, as well as whatever felt wrong that night. He needed his rest because of the Try Not To Laugh tomorrow. Ian, Olivia, Damien, Noah, Courtney, himself and Keith would all be there.

***

Damien Haas tossed and turned that night, but nothing too unusual happened. However, he swore he could hear voices in his room all night. He also heard different moments from Try Not To Laugh videos reciting in his head. He thought nothing of it, until he heard the door creak open. He ignored it, hoping that it was just the wind. Or something.

***

Olivia woke up around six in the morning to see a person dressed as a black bishop and a person dressed up as a white knight screaming at one another outside.

"WHY CAN I ONLY MOVE DIAGONALLY?!" The bishop hollered.

"WHY CAN I ONLY MOVE IN AN 'L' SHAPE?!" The knight responded, equally as frustrated.

"I WILL DESTROY YOU!" They both vowed.

Olivia watched their struggle for a little bit before getting up for the day.