35 - The Trial

Yeah, I know, I know. I'm late.

And this chapter is pretty much pointless... but hope you enjoy anyways it was a lot of fun to write (but also time consuming!)

- RAWT

Keith woke up confused. He couldn't remember much else besides that the vampire he actually spent a while talking to sold them out to these evil, evil white chess pieces. He grunted, tied up in a chair. What was going on? Where was he? The last thing in his memory was being escorted to the marble fortress. Well, at least they were one step closer to Ian, wherever he was.

But this, being tied to a chair, was definitely a set back.

"Keith Leak Jr.," a voice with a very strong Southern accent boomed. There were giggles and hoots of laughter following. "A-hem!" The voice cleared it's throat, and the other voices fell silent, smothering snickers.

"It's just a weird last name, 'Leak Jr.'," one other voice, also with a strong southern accent, commented. Hoots of laughter.

"GODDAMMIT JUST SHUT UP I'M TRYIN'TA MAKE THIS SOUND COOL!" The first voice bellowed. It sounded strangely like Ian's voice, but it couldn't be his. He was in a coma.

But the lights came up on Keith and he was in a chair directly underneath of a noose. He looked up and yelped, although unsuccessful at tipping the chair over by doing so. He cursed under his breath, but continued to jiggle around in the chair. Then he spotted a man who looked almost exactly like Ian did during one of their sketches, with a mustache, a sheriff's badge, and a scowl. He shoved both hands into his pockets and glared at Keith.

    "Ian?" Keith asked hopefully. But he got his answer: this imposter had everything except for Ian's blue eyes. He let out a disappointed sigh.

    "Naw, I'm the sheriff of this joint." The man announced. He hooked both thumbs into his pockets gingerly, staring ahead at Keith. "Yar being convicted by the townspeople for their Hangman trial, and the rest o' yar friends'll be next, gotcha?" The sheriff said.

Keith shrugged from his seat, knowing what was up. This was another Smosh Live sketch. They were really popular, weren't they?

The sheriff cleared his throat. "Now, you are being tried for working against all of our alliances and our leader, the beloved white king."

The townspeople gasped loudly and exclaimed in disgust.

"...Therefore, you must be punished. However, if the people can guess whatever I chose for yar trial, then y'all will not have to follow through with yar punishment and will only have to stay in confinement, not be hung. Gotcha?"

Keith nodded quickly, wriggling in his restraints. He already knew what word the sheriff had chosen, and if he didn't interfere or trick him, things would go smoothly and Keith and his friends would be freed. Well from death, at least. They could figure out how to escape confinement later.

The sheriff scratched the blanks onto the blackboard with an obnoxious squeak. "Now, anytime y'alls are ready, guess a letter." The sheriff rolled his eyes, as if he already knew how this would turn out.

"Um, I'mma guess an 'A'!" One of the little ladies whooped. The others did a little ditty around her, and mimed throwing a lasso.

Keith cringed, and the sheriff looked pleasantly surprised. "Why... yes! There is an 'A'! There are actually two 'A's." He squeaked them onto the board.

"Alright... alright... how 'bout a 'C'!" A man declared, and they all danced again, do-si-do-ing.

"No... there ain't no 'C'," the sheriff shook his head, and the townspeople groaned as he scratched on a messy circle with the chalk. "Good guess, though."