4 - Try Not To Fall Asleep

It was morning. Finally. Everybody had a pretty rough night.

Except for Keith. Somehow, he was fine. Mostly. What confused him was that he kept hearing music, strange music, but had no idea where it was playing from. Oh, well. He kind of enjoyed it.

The other Smosh members were kind of groggy that morning. Courtney got to her breakfast (a bowl of cereal) but gagged after the first bite.

She then realized her milk was replaced with egg whites. She ran for a trash can to yeet it into.

Damien was on his way out the door when he saw a drone holding a hamburger. He was curious why, but then the drone launched the food at him with such force that he was knocked off his feet and immediately blacked out. When he woke up, he was already five minutes late to the Smosh Pit. He whipped out his phone, asking everyone to wait for him.

But everyone else was having issues of their own.

Shayne got into his car and began to drive, before a bird walked in front of his car. He screeched to a stop, cursing at the feathered fiend.

The bird seemed to be speaking English, deciding which way it should go: "Do I go this way, ooh, no, maybe this way, or that way, ooh, ooh, probably that way."

"JUST GET OUT OF THE FU(bleep)ING ROAD, OH MY GOD!" Shayne flipped out. He was not having a good morning. Something was definitely wrong.

Eventually, though, he made it and walked inside to see Keith, Noah, and Olivia checking their phones. He pulled out his, and saw Damien was coming late.

Courtney walked inside and almost tripped over her own feet.

Shayne kept nodding off.

"Well, guys," Olivia announces, "I'mma go over here and sleep for a little while," she pulled a blanket out of her bag and went to where all the costumes were already set up and laid down behind it, trying to recover from that terrible night.

Noah walked over to the hot seat and sat down. "Did anyone else have a disastrous night yesterday, or was it just me?" He said quietly.

Courtney rubbed her eyes. "Not just the night, but my morning was sh(bloop), too."

"I don't know whatcha guys are talking about," Keith said, genuinely surprised, "I slept great!"

"Good for you, Keith," Shayne snapped. "I had to deal with prank calls and a talking bird."

"You think that was bad?!" Noah said. "I had angry protestors against Santa Claus outside my window!" He sighed, putting his head in his hands.

Courtney shook her head. "Not only did a bird crash against my window repeatedly, but I woke up to realize my milk had been replaced with egg whites!"

They all blinked. Why did all of these things sound so familiar?

Damien stumbled in, an ice bag held to his eye. The other members turned their heads and ran over to ask if he was okay. Except Shayne. He just cracked up. And Olivia, who was asleep.

"Yeah, I'm fine..." Damien assured them.

"How did you get a black eye this early?!" Noah asked.

Damien got excited. He got to tell an interesting story for once. "So here's what happened," he said dramatically, "I was walking out to go meet you guys, when suddenly!" he paused for effect, "a giant drone appeared and threw a burger at me. And then I woke up. And I was late."

Keith laughed. "A drone threw a burger at you and you were knocked out?"

Noah looked concerned. "But would a drone be strong enough to completely knock you out?"

Courtney's eyes widened. "Guys..."

Damien shrugged. "I dunno. It was painful, but also really cool." He flicked his head to get hair out of his face.

"Guys..." Courtney said, a little louder.

Noah added, "But a burger doesn't have a lot of mass, and the force behind the throw would have to be-"

"GUYS!" Shayne yelled.

"Thanks," mumbled Courtney. She now had everyone's attention. Even Olivia, who had woken up and cursed after Shayne screamed. Nothing can sleep through that.

Courtney paced as she spoke. "Guys, all of these things we're mentioning... aren't they familiar?"

"Yeah," everyone chorused.

"I know why now," Courtney said. "Everything is stuff we've done in our videos." She pointed to Shayne. "Remember that sketch 'Every Bird Ever'?"

"Don't even remind me of that monstrosity," Shayne grumbled. But then he stopped. "Are you suggesting...?"

"Yeah, that we both, uh, experienced the birds from that sketch? Yeah."

Olivia caught on. "That would explain why I saw the bishop and knight outside my window!"

"That was from "If Board Games Were Real'," Noah recalled, "when Anthony was still on Smosh." He stared at Olivia. "Wait, you saw that outside your window?"

"Yup," Olivia responded.

"It also explains the delivery drone!" Damien exclaimed. "That was from 'Every Food Delivery Ever, right?"

"Something like that," Shayne said.

"And 'Eat It or Yeet It'..." Courtney realized, "Shayne had to eat cereal with egg whites instead of milk!"

"And it didn't faze me..." Shayne teased.

"Oh shut up," Olivia said.

Keith looked around. "Hey... where's Ian at?" He was the only one missing.

Courtney checked her phone. "He should be here and he hasn't given any excuse not to be," she grumbled.

"If his night was any like ours maybe we should-" Noah began. Courtney interrupted him.

"If his ass is in bed..." she hissed.

"Fu(bleep)ing bi(bloop)," Shayne muttered.

Damien spoke up. "You guys have invaded his house before, right?"

"Oh yeah, we have!" Noah realized. "We can go see what he's up to and you two can scream at him if you want." He nodded at Shayne and Courtney, rolling his eyes.

"Cool," Shayne and Courtney huffed in unison. They both looked at each other afterwards and smirked.

Olivia clapped her hands. "OKAY LET'S GO WE'LL SEE YOU THERE, LET'S GO."

They all left the studio that was supposed to be used for a Try Not To Laugh challenge, but they had a mystery to solve...