18 - Buckle Up

Somewhere in a dumpster, a small blue-green oven chopped in half by a kitchen knife glowed softly.

***

They left the Wish a Dream early, determined to find this stupid kid.

Or maybe they only left early because they were kicked out.

They had no idea whether or not the king and his men had found Courtney and Shayne, but they were now headed to an address of 188 Kinsbury Avenue. What kind of a name that was, the squad had no idea.

All they knew was that it was very far away from where they were currently. And they had been walking since two in the morning. That's what time these lovely "Wish a Dream" people kicked them out. What good people, Noah couldn't help thinking sarcastically. Kicked them out because they were scared of ghosts or something. Freaked out before dawn because they saw flour everywhere. Whatever.

"Fu(bleep) this sh(bloop)," Mittens hissed drowsily. They had eaten at Wish a Dream (sort of) but he was a cat. Therefore, he was always hungry. And always tired.

"Again," Keith said, exasperated, "would it have hurt for them to give us a car?!"

Noah nervously held Mittens. They decided to switch around who would be pushing Ian. Currently it was Keith and Damien. Ian, who was still just as pale as before, was dozing off. He was exhausted as hell. Actually, they all were, considering it was around six o'clock. The sun slowly peeked from behind the horizon.

Damien wondered why nobody else was wondering what they were doing walking around at this hour, considering they were near civilization.

"Can we stop at a McDonald's?" Olivia asked, then thought about. "Uhh... nevermind."

They all exchanged glances. If the McDonald's was anything like the "Every McDonald's Ever" sketch, they would prefer NOT to eat there.

"Umm... I think Mittens wants me to hold him," Damien said to Noah.

"What, so you can get out of pushing Ian?" Noah shot back.

"I'll push Ian," Olivia offered, but they both ignored her. Keith gladly traded places with her.

"No, because I want to save you from getting your eyes clawed out!" Damien yelled.

"This fu(bleep)ing scaredy boy over here jumps at everything," Mittens hissed. "I can't sleep with your twitches, sh(bloop)bag."

"Well SORRY," Noah hollered at the cat, "kind of fearing for my life whenever I hold you. If you weren't such a bi(bloop) of a cat it would be easier."

"Guys, guys!" Ian yelled. "I'll move myself, for god's sake. Boom. Problem solved." he rolled his eyes and placed his hands on the wheels to push himself forward.

Everyone else seemed to be okay with that. Damien held Mittens, who began purring, and Noah and Keith just walked along, beginning to talk about the aliens from earlier.

"When do you think they'll take us on their UFO?" Keith asked.

"I actually like the crimson bandana," Mittens told Damien, "looks like blood."

Olivia moved closer to Ian, who was gritting his teeth as he moved himself forward. "Are you sure you can move yourself," Olivia asked suspiciously, "or did you just want to solve the conflict?"

Ian sighed. "I can't listen to them bicker all morning."

"Stand up for yourself! It hurts to move, doesn't it?"

"Olivia, its fine, I can handle it," Ian tried to smile but he was just gritting his teeth. The circles under his eyes were so dark that they made his usually bright blue eyes seem icy and cold.