27 - Denial

Everything happened in slow motion. Ian heard only the ringing in his ears and his heart, his jackhammering heart that felt like it was going to blow up in his chest.

Ian watched his friend, his best friend, his friend he'd known since the sixth grade, destroy any chance of living by destroying their pursuers.

Ian's heartbeat and breathing both accelerated, and his eyes stayed wide. They began to get glossy and tears blurred his vision. He continued to shake his head quickly.

This did not just happen.

That did not just happen.

He was in literal denial. But it did just happen, even if he chose not to believe it. Sure, he could pretend things were okay, and he didn't just see what he thought he saw, that this whole thing was just a nightmare that he'd wake up from it any second, and return to reality.

A reality where he wasn't pregnant.

A reality where he didn't have a broken foot.

A reality where Shayne and Courtney weren't missing.

A reality where all of their ideas stayed ideas.

A reality where he could just hang out with friends instead of them almost getting killed.

A reality where he didn't see his friend purposely get into a car crash.

Anthony's fine. He's fu(bleep)ing fine. Ian thought to himself.

He totally survived that.

He absolutely survived that, silly.

Then the truth sank in. What the fu(bleep), Ian?! Look what's left of his fu(bleep)ing car! How would anyone survive that, you fu(bleep)ing idiot?!

He began hyperventilating, everything else fading away around him. As if his whole life was a painting that was just sprayed with water, and everything was just drip drip dripping down and away, washing away every good memory and replacing it with nothing but numbness in his brain for a small moment. Then came the throbbing in his head, pounding to the tempo of his heart. His aching, rocketing heart.

And then the pain invaded like some sort of virus. The numbness stayed until the depression seeped in, and then the numbness abruptly left, like some uninvited guest. But the guest, in this situation, was very, very much wanted. He squeezed his eyes shut and clutched his sides.

He literally wanted to fu(bleep)ing die.

Why couldn't he just fu(bleep)ing die?

Olivia stared through a window, her eyes wide. She held her hands over her mouth, tears spilling down her cheeks. She was in disbelief at what she had just seen. She loved Anthony, although she hadn't seen him in a very long time. And now... he was gone. It was like she could hardly remember the first video she was ever in with him.

It was like all he was now was a forgotten member of Smosh.

Damien and Mittens' jaws had completely dropped. They were still sitting on the floor of the bus, too shocked to get up and sit on the seat. Damien didn't know a lot about Anthony, heck, he was just getting to know Ian, but he'd known how amazing Anthony was from what others had told him.

Noah's eyes practically bugged out of his head, while Keith made a noise that sounded like a cross between a whimper and a gasp. They couldn't even exchange glances with one another.

Brianna just examined her nails, and cursed when she saw that one broke.

Lasercorn punched the gas, completely as shocked as everyone else. He just wanted to get out of there. He couldn't bear keeping Tyler in that god-awful place. You can grieve later, he scolded his tears, which threatened to roll down his cheeks. The important thing is to make sure everyone is safe first. He hit the gas hard and drove out of there, knowing he was going way too fast.

Ian felt the bus jerk him off his seat. He finally blacked out as he hit the floor for the second time, his head crashing against the wall.

Short section (welp for me anything under 1,000 words is short anyways XD), but here you go. Thanks to all my readers, you mean so much to me!

- RAWT