Chapter 13 - " Hide and seek..."

Start from the beginning

Manik: (Mumbled with a frown) "Where is she?"

Aliya: (Loudly) "Manik, did you get that? Is there anything?"

Aliya's voice brought Manik back from his thought and he opened the cabinet. After a minute he came out with some packets in his hands.

Manik: (Calmly) "Here it is. Mrs Deshmukh was right. They were inside the cabinet."

He handed over the packets to Aliya when a sight captured his eyes and they almost popped out from their sockets. Half portion of a lacy bra was slinging from the corner of the bed when half portion was covered by the pillow. As the colour was almost the same as the bedsheet it was till now camouflaged. Otherwise, anybody could notice it. Without wasting any time Manik rushed to stand in front of the small piece of tension. Fortunately, Cabir and Aliya were talking to each other and grabbing the opportunity; he took out the bra and temporarily tucked it inside his track's backside elastic.

Cabir: (Impatiently) "Aliya, you got what you wanted, now let's go. It's almost 10:30. After dropping you at college I also have to go to the office. Manik, thank you so much for your help and sorry once again for bothering you so early in the morning."

In response, Manik approached them with a grin in such a manner that all of them finally exit the room and came to the living area once again. Needless to say, Manik didn't have any courage to attend them inside the bedroom anymore. Who knows where and how Nandini has left her things and he might not be lucky all the time to notice them first.

Aliya: (Pretentious sad tone) "By the way, Manik I have a complaint."

In reply, Manik and Cabir both crunched their brows.

Aliya: (Smiled shyly) "Like Bhai, I will be happier too if you call me by my name. It's Aliya, not Ms Deshmukh. And thanks for your cooperation. See you soon."

............................................

Again in Manan's bedroom: 10:20 am:

Manik: (Loudly) "Nandini, where are you? I know you are here only as I didn't see you coming outside. You can come out Jaan. All is clear."

Manik huffed while looking around for Nandini. Slowly the wardrobe door slid and a tiny frame popped out from there.

Nandini: (Made an O shape lips to puff) "Ufffff. It was a horrible experience. I was almost fainted by the smell of naphthalene balls inside. Why didn't they use some natural fragrance sachet?"

Manik: (In teasing tone) "Because they are not as smart as you. But why did you get inside it? I didn't know that I got married to a little mouse who can easily hide inside a wardrobe."

Nandini squinted her eyes in exasperation and came closer.

Nandini: (Playful tone) "And I didn't know that I got married to a monkey who has a pretty sexy tail. Monkey Manik Malhotra. Ha ha ha..."

She giggled while Manik tilted his head in confusion.

Manik: "Tail? Are you serious?"

Nandini pointed to the dressing table mirror with her eyes which had a proper back view of Manik in it. Manik turned his head to take a look and a broad grin appeared on his face. Nandini's bra strap was hanging from his track elastic between his butt cheeks giving a funny view of a tail. He pulled it out with an OUCH sound as the elastic walloped his skin.

Manik: (Rubbing his butt crack) "If I didn't make it as a tail then we would have had plenty of questions to answer. All credits go to your ignorance."

He stretched his hand to give it to Nandini but pulled his hands back when she was about to touch it. Nandini frowned in confusion.

Manik: (Mischievous smile) "In one condition. We will have this kind of sneak out in future too."

Nandini: (With flared nose) "Yeah, right. To get caught by your landlords and neighbours. Thankfully we got saved today but might not be lucky every time."

Manik sighed in disappointment and gave the bra to Nandini. She approached the bathroom but halted.

Nandini: (Frowned) "By the way, the girl Aliya, don't you think she was trying to be over pally with you?"

Manik: (Bit the inner cheek wall to control the laughter) "Is there burning something?"

Nandini: (Puffed her nostrils) "My foot. Now, show me something to cook for lunch. Don't forget you have an office to go to."

Manik: (Folded his lower lips) "Unfortunately."

The day went with lots of chit-chatting, naughty banter and titillating rumpy-pumpy. 

Author notes: The lines in Italic are the thoughts of the character.