26 - The Lady is...

Resha Valentine

I'm walking to the Headmaster's. If I sleep with Kaname, he will notice my uneasiness and the nauseousness I have, and he won't let me sleep and he will ask me everything insistly. So I'm walking to Headmaster's, asking whether if he had a spare bed or anything. He looked confused at first, but he thought me and Kaname were fighting just like the old times, so he let us be.

He grinned at me. "I've known you since you were a kid. The only thing that bothers me is that you still won't call me dad up until now," Headmaster said. "But that's okay! I'll bring you to Yuuki's old room. She wouldn't mind if it's you who asked!"

I nodded, trying to smile normally once again. "Thank you, that would be great."

As I'm walking inside, I found Zero's cooking in the kitchen. "Ah, Zero?" I'm smelling the food. "Smells good, what are you cooking?" Contrary to how he looks, he's pretty good at cooking.

He's startled. "What are you doing here?"

"I'm sleeping here for a night."

He's looking at me, trying to figure what I'm doing. "You hungry?" He asked suspiciously.

I clap both my hands. "Hungry for food, yes!"

Zero then turns his back again at me. "I'm making something right now, just sit down."

"Oh, smells good but I need to sleep." My body is hot, and the dizziness suddenly feels much worse. Is it because I talk too much to Zero?

I'm holding on to the walls, trying to support myself, and it feels like I want to throw up. I feel like Someone flip my world around. "Resha? Are you okay?" Zero asked, approaching me.

"Don't– I'm okay, just—" Then suddenly, something fell down. On the floor, there's trickle of blood there, I guess it's from my nose. What will Kaname think? This is pathetic.

I'm looking at Zero's face while everything turns dark, and I can feel his hands catching me. "Resha!" All I could hear was his voice calling up my name.

*****

As I opens my eyes, all I can see is darkness. Probably Yuuki's room. How long I've been sleeping? My head feels like it's going to explode. There's a wet towel on my forehead. I'm having a fever, too? Does wet towel help Vampire's fever? Do Vampires even have a fever?

I look around, and see Zero at the edge of the door even though blurry.

"You're awake?" He looks steady.

"How long have I..."

"Two days. They're looking for you, but Headmaster is hiding you, refused to tell them. I told him that you don't want to be found." I smiled hearing that. He's sitting on the chair next to the bed . "I thought you were going to die."

"What happened?"

Zero opens the box of blood tablets, handing them at me. "You collapsed when I made dinner."

"Did Kaname look for me?" I curiously ask him.

"He came for several times, but Chairman insisted that you aren't here." Suddenly, he frown. "But my guess is that he knows. Should I tell him that you're here?"

"Of course he knows, but I don't think I can see him like this." I smiled, closing my eyes as I feel darkness is gripping me again. "Too bad. I was looking forward for your dinner that day."

Zero smirked. "Yeah. Your loss."

***********

The cold wet feeling on my forehead are suddenly gone, there's only comforting coldness there. My eyes are heavy, but I try my best to open them.