29 - first encounter with kimono woman

Resha Valentine.

I'm walking beside Kaname to greet the guests. In the other side of the room, there's a wooden door, inside it there's a long haired woman in a kimono, looking at me with her eyes. "The only child from the Valentine," she whisper with a slight smile that's painted with a little blood, walking nearer to the cage. To me.

I don't know who she is, but she is sure a pureblood from her strong blood, also the bold and traditional kimono. "I'm Resha Valentine, nice to meet you." Smiling, I nod.

"Born as the strongest of them all... Poor you, Valentine-san." She keeps walking to the other direction. This cage seems like the only separation between us. "You don't know yet the curse that was brought by your blood."

Loss for words, I stared at her and wanting to talk more about it. But then Kaname pull my hand immediately. "Ignore her, Resha."

As Kaname pulling me, my eyes are still fixed at her who's somehow very beautiful, but there's a scent of human blood around her as if she just had her dinner. The long haired kimono woman keeps looking at me with a smile that's not reaching her eyes. "Kaname, who is she?" I finally ask when we're far enough.

"She's Shizuka Hiou, one of the Purebloods..." He's turns to me. "Forget what she said. She didn't know what she's talking about."

A cold, wet feeling on my forehead wake me up in a sudden jolt. Kaname is beside me, pressing a wet cold towel on my forehead. "Having a bad dream?" He ask.

I cough, breathing slowly through my mouth. "It was when I met her at the party." My grey eyes stare at his clueless one. "Shizuka Hiou."

"...her?" Kaname stared at me. "Why? It's unusual for you to."

"Kaname, didn't that human already become a former human? Why did they kill him?"

Standing up, Kaname carry the bowl filled with ices and water with his back facing me. "Why don't you go ask your best friend forever, named Kiryuu Zero? I'm sure he have plenty of answers since that woman butchered his whole family."

He's still mad. "Look, I'm sorry. That was wrong and all of that was my fault, but—"

"True," Kaname whisper. "That was all your fault."

"I never wanted a fight, Kaname. You know that."

He doesn't answer, but sitting on the couch again, back to reading papers. He's so frustratingly quiet. This silence is what makes me mad.

"I'm sorry," I beg. "I didn't know what else to do."

He's still quiet.

Annoyed, I pick up the wet towel from my head and sit up on the bed. "You destroyed my towel-masterpiece on your forehead," Kaname mutter without looking at me, but he sounds surprised and waiting for my next move.

Sighing at the sarcasm, I slowly get up and ignoring his eyes, pushing his paper away and sitting on Kaname's lap, clinging my hands to his neck. "Your skin is pleasantly cold," I whisper on his neck. "Feels... Good..."

"It's because I'm a vampire."

He sigh loudly, and closing his eyes, caressing my shoulder. "You're disturbing my work... I work for a living, and I can't do that if you're on my lap. You know you're my biggest distraction."

"I know, that's why I'm doing it," I say, closing my eyes.

Hearing it, he chuckles lightly. "I suppose it's not bad."

*********

"Being with you, mad and arguing at each other is better than not being with you at all," he whisper. "If it's not because of you and Yuuki, I already kill him. That is the ultimate goal for me right now."

Silence.

"I don't know why you were so kind to him. He's no one compared to your blood, even his blood doesn't contain any goodness in it except your blood and Yuuki's... I can't see any reason to treat him real good besides for you two."

Kaname is talking to the sleeping me, not realizing I'm awake. "Have a good sleep, Resha. I hope you will be better in the morning."