12 - He Was Mesmerized.

Aido Hanabusa

I'm looking at her face. Simply ignore the crowd or the people who thought that we are one of the store's mannequins. She just said that she won't need any help to remember me, because she will. She said that. In front of my face. Is there anything better than her words?

Before I could gather my thoughts, the crowd outside gather around in a circle, making a space in the middle of it. The festival. The music starts out of nowhere I know and the people dance. So this is the festival she's talking about... I stay there for a little while to buy an apple juice for her since she asked, but then when I was about to ask her if she want to go there, she disappeared from my side.

"Resha!" Oh, not again.

I'm running to the crowd and see her.

She's dancing. Her hair is flowing around and her creamy dress also flowing around too without her coat. A bright and a big smile was glued to her face and her eyes are so bright. Her smile is contagious, causing me to smile so widely. Resha's dancing around with some citizens and they all laughing. I bet that they all thought that she was some kind of fairy or a princess.

That smile lighten up my whole gloomy years without ever seeing her. If you just know, Resha...

I don't realize that she was already in front of me and smiled. She hold my hand and pull me to the crowd, she spinning with my hand glued to her and laughing at my clueless-shocked expression. There's a lot of dances I knew including waltz, but the way she's moving right now isn't anything I learnt before. It's something else. Freedom and happiness.

Her sparks was captured perfectly and enchant me to the point I start to think that all of this are just the kind of heavenly dream. We dance and the crowds went wild. I held and pull her up right when the music stopped. Gazed at the view in front of me, and the princess I'm holding in my hand. She's laughing happily. I did too.

Everyone's clapping amazingly by both of us. I put her down and saw that her sweat were all over her body, and the vanilla scent was so thick around the air, but she looked so awfully beautiful, that I know it doesn't affect her beauty.

I buy her some beverages. She's sweating. but still all smiles.

"Would you like one?" I offered her what I just bought. Three different type of drinks because I don't know what she would like.

She nodded. "I feel tired, but at the same time I feel good."

"It's because you're happy. It's because... You know, you're smiling so brightly." I point her smile, she's looking down shyly. Realizing that it was a rare chance to see her smile that brightly.

"What time is it?" She changed the topic, I bet that was because she's embarassed.

"It's three past fifteen... Do you want to go back, Resha-sama?"

"I dont know." She looked at the humans, who are still enjoying the festive. "Must be good..."

I'm not sure if I heard her right. "Pardon?"

"Humans." Resha-sama looked at me. "Must be good to be humans."

I looked at her in silence, also frowning. "Why do you want to try to be human? They are weak, useless, and... fools," I said as she's suddenly standing up.

"Because humans aren't monsters. They might be fragile, but at least they don't have to kill someone when they're hungry." And by that words, she left me on my own.

She can't be a monster. I mean, she's pure, she's perfect, and why she always describe herself as a horrible one?

Resha Valentine. Her family, is the first pureblood. Even stronger that the Kuran itself. It's not a secret that both of them are an old friend, and even a partner. Her mother, Maria Valentine was a good friend of Kaname-sama's mother, Juuri Kuran. Their husbands too. I often saw Resha-sama and Kaname-sama play together or even went together when I was little. But what really confused me, is that Kaname-sama's parents and Resha-sama's parents died in the same night. No one knew how, but I knew the reason.