31 - Her Wavering Heart.

Resha Valentine.

I can't sleep.

Since that incident, I can't sleep.

Kaname told me that if I wanted to take roles into his plan, I should go to the old building. And there, I found blood drips, also dusts in a dark room, with Zero kneeling beside it, looking as the dusts slipped through his fingers. Akatsuki also glared in horror.

"What is going on?" I asks, but already knowing the answer.

Akatsuki turn. "Resha-sama... It's..."

Zero also turn, looking at me in horror also, but not because of me. Because of something else. "I didn't kill her," he repeat for the second time.

With that, he stand up and I'm looking at the dusts. "Shizuka Hiou-san..."

There's a reason why Kaname told me to come there. He expected me to go since I'm pretty clear when I said I wanted a role to help him, but he's not there.

Walking to his room once again, I am about to knock when I sense another presence in his room. Another vampires.

"...I see. The reason why Kiryuu-kun would kill that woman is clear enough. I don't think Kiryuu-kun is a foolish guy to do such a thing... But if that's the case, then it cannot be helped that it seemed like he killed that woman." His voice is dark and disinterested. He's trying to cover something else.

Is Akatsuki in there? It must be. The only witness there was only me and him, but he's the first one. Why would Kaname said such a thing? I knew he doesn't like Zero at all, but to said that kind of thing?

"...Whatever the reason is I need to report it to the senior council as it was, that someone has offened a taboo and killed a pureblood is true..."

I frowned hearing his words, and suddenly, I can hear him say. "Resha, how long are you planning to eavesdropping us?"

Sighing heavily, I open the door, and looking at them who's looking at me. "I was also a witness," I say, sit beside Akatsuki.

"Then what is your report, if I may ask?"

"I didn't think Zero killed her. He's mad, I know, the woman butchered his whole family, but he's sane enough to not kill her... You and I know that..."

Kaname a little amused. He doesn't take me seriously at all. "Yes, but then again Zero have no excuses to not kill her, especially when the two of them were alone."

"It was someone else!" A little shouting, I stood up.

Now he's taking me seriously, so he shift on his chair. "Who was it, then?"

He's asking me that because I have no idea who that was. Because I'm stupid. And silly. And idiot. Unlike him. But Zero is one of my best friend. "I don't know... But—"

"Then I will have to report the Senior Council the truth." Kaname stared at me. "Akatsuki, Aido, dismissed."

Both of them stand up, and leave the room. Angry to myself, I sit on the sofa. Zero didn't kill her. No. He didn't.

"Just give up on him," he slowly say, move and sit beside me. "He's a murderer, Resha. He killed her."

Frowning, I look at him. "He's not. I know Zero, Kaname. He—"

"...will do that to you too if you butchered his whole family."

Maybe Kaname was right. I will do that too if I were him. Maybe Zero is just not as kind as I expected him to be.