Side Story; Kaname Kuran.

Kaname Kuran.

Resha is asleep right now beside me, and I'm currently staring at her eternal beauty. Those long eyelashes, and innocent kind of face she always made when she was asleep... The way her hair spreaded around, filling the room with her flowers-scented shampoo... Resha have a really pale skin, paler than mine, but she's warmer than any sunlight. As if she wasn't born as a vampire, but as a human. She's like a sunflower trying to be alive among the rotten flowers. Or vampires.

Suddenly, she's frowning her eyebrows, and mumble a little. She's having a bad dream again, isn't she? Ever since that day, Resha oftenly cried in her sleep, or even unconciously attack people. Thank God, ever since she got into this Academy, she doesn't oftenly do that... But precautions have to be made, that's why I'm oftenly sleeping with her. It's not easy to let in a vampire with an unstable emotions into the school where humans and vampires are mixed.

Worried, I kisses each of her knuckles, and move closer, plant a kiss on the middle of her eyebrows as she relaxed slowly while my eyes never leave her at all. Good, she's all good again.

Looking at her like this, pure, innocent and untouched, scare me. I'm overly protective to her these days, and our happy days will be over not long again. I will have to begin my plan. My plan, that started with the Hunter's twin. The plan, that will end everything. The plan to kill him.

Resha is as pure as a snow. I don't want anything to taint her. I don't want her to kill anyone. I don't want her to get hurt, or hurt anyone. I don't want her to become me.

Miserable, lonely, and desperately needing her kind of man. I don't want her to be destructive like me. I don't want her to know how bad the world is. I want to show her the good side, only. I want the only thing that's in her mind is happiness and me. The thought of her becoming like me, fear me to the point I can barely function. Fear me to the point that I had a thought about lock her inside my hands again.

The thought of losing her kills me a thousand times. I don't know ever how to function without her by my side. I don't know, everything's just blurry without her and once she's here, everything's going back to focus and in point. Resha is just like a bird which I'd happily to keep inside the cage, keeping her pure and untouched from another filthy hands. Keeping her, only for me. This is the confession of me, an overly possessive man towards her.

At the same time, I'm also hurting her. Resha is not someone I can keep inside the cage. Resha is Resha, freedom and sunlight defines her very well. I don't want her to hate me for taking her freedom. She's mad enough about me keeping her inside the Academy, but if I let her our, I'm afraid that she might know how bad the world is, how cruel the reality is, and how many people wanted her death more than anything. Life is not all beauty.

Right now, we both face the fact that we can't be together no matter how much we wanted that to happen.

I know that. I know our time is almost up. But being with her feels so... Right. It feels so right, as if she's the piece who completed my puzzle since a very long time.

"Kaname?" She whisper, and I blinked, turn my focus to her while. "Why aren't you sleeping?"

She yawned, and about to sit when I push her back. "Where are you going?"

Resha sigh, and back to my side again. "I was just about to get some water, maybe you need one so you can sleep."

"I'm about to sleep, Resha. If you're accompanying me, I'll sleep."

She yawn again, and looking into my eyes, still half awake. "Tell me why?"

"I was thinking about everything." I close my eyes. That wasn't a lie. She's my everything—so it wasn't fully wrong, was it?

Resha caress my head the way I like it. She knows that will make me asleep... She knows my weak point. "There, there, Kaname," she whispers.

I open my closed eyes. And slowly move forward, touch her cheek with my fingers, and kiss her lips.

Slowly, and gently, just the way I kissed her at the first time.

Her lips is as soft as the snowflakes. Pinkish, and also smell like flowers and mints. Sometimes I'm wondering why her lips got me addicted, and somehow her presence is calming than everything. It's like I'm a wild horse calmed by her.

Resha reply my kiss with lust. This is a kiss, filled with loneliness and need for each other's companion. Need for love.

I kiss her even more, feel the way my tongue synchronize with hers, the way her warm breath brush my cheek, and the way her small fingers pulling me closer.

God, she's addicting.

"What is it, Kaname?" Resha whisper after I stop. We're still close enough to kiss and I can sense the fresh-flowery scent from her breath, but if I continue, I will be unable to control myself. I want her all. I want to consume all of her. "You're odd, for today."

"Don't leave me," I beg. "I fear it so much." I could hear my desperateness and woe in my voice so much.

Resha, with her bright grey eyes, looking at mine and smiled as she answer with honesty that's visible in her. "I will never."

And so, I close my eyes, forcing myself to sleep even thought there's so much anxiety in my head-even thought there's so many unspeakable words inside my head, circling around every corner, telling me insecurities about me and Resha. Telling me that she will go, and everything will be a very painful lie.

I could feel she shift beside me, as I'm pretending to be asleep. Slowly, without any notice, she left. The monster inside of me screams for her presence- her scent. Screams and weep for her to be back, but she closed the door, leaving the room.

I opened my eyes, and there inside the darkness, I don't see her anywhere.

She'll be back, she will be. She promised me. My frown getting deeper as I don't feel her presence anywhere. The monster inside of me tired of waiting already, and my eyes turned red. My monster want her presence. My monster want her here, now. I grabbed the sheet and groan a little, I could also feel sweat on my forehead.

And the door opened, so I abruptly opened my eyes.

Resha, stood there with tray on her hands, looking at me confusedly. She quickly put down the tray and join me on the bed, hug me with no time to waste. "You're sweating," said her. "Kaname, what happened? Are you okay?"

We, as in Vampires, have demon inside of our head. The Demon will decide if we will be heartless who only care for Vampire kinds, or living in coexistence. I, have my demon too, waiting there inside of my head, waiting for me to give up and explode.

Inhaling her very sweet scent, I hug her back, even more tightly. "I'm fine... I am now."

I guess the reason why Resha doesn't like any other vampire was because she doesn't have that filthy, ugly demon inside of her, made her as pure as a snow. Somehow, I envy her. Heh, who wouldn't? Anyone would kill for her power and her warmness. Anyone desired her humanity, the sunlight in her.

She kissed my forehead, and I forgot that the demon went mad because she wasn't here. "Try to sleep for this once, okay?" Resha said. "I'm going to be asleep too. These days are pretty rough for both of us."

I nodded, and close my eyes.

Life is not all beauty. But I wish you wouldn't see the ugly side of it. How people will betray you, how people will take advantages of you, and how they will suck all the life out of you until you're nothing but a empty shell of a vampire.