Side Story: Ichijou Takuma.

"Takuma, your duty is to protect them. They belong to us... You need to be friends with them."

Ever since grandfather ordered me that, I was always with them. Resha Valentine and Kaname Kuran. Both of the purebloods. The strongest.

Resha Valentine is beautiful, smart, elegant and cheerful kind of woman. She laughed a lot, also cried a lot. I couldn't kept my eyes from her for a while. She's captivating, just like any other pureblood. But I know that she's charming in her own ways. She's different.

Kaname Kuran is more like a flat faced, polite, and kind but also evilish in his own ways. He trouble me a lot from time to time but his expression change completely when you talk about her. There's a reason why everybody thinks Resha and Kaname is a perfectly matched puzzle. One look into his eyes and you'll know he's hypnotized.

Perfect.

Resha is a bit cruel in her ways. She knows how Aido feels about her, yet she keep on holding him closer while holding Kaname even closer. Maybe it's just me, but I can see that both of them are way too similar.

Yet, even thought I know she's cruel, I couldn't keep my feelings from her.

I swore to myself, that I will protect her, not because my grandfather told me so, but because I decided to.

Because we were really close since we were little, I had an idea for a while that I like Resha as a friend and a sister I need to protect since I don't have any siblings. But I can't deny, by the time I got bigger and older, I realized that it wasn't that simple. Simply because I started to felt kind of a weird heartache whenever I see him inseparable with Kaname that time.

I remember when she put her head on my shoulder. She close her eyes, and very slowly, hold my hand. It wasn't a mutual feeling, I know that. I know that very clearly.

Resha is simply attractive to anyone, but if the Leader of the Vampires fell head over heels to her, what can I do? But to me, falling in love hardly to her is embarassing.

She's Resha! The one everyone admires. The one everyone wished to be and to be with. The one and only, Resha.

The one who's afraid of herself. The one that wouldn't dare to let her powers out because of herself. Because how dangerous she really is. The one whose smile would light up a room in a moment.

"Ah, you're back," Kaname comes into the car. "How is she?"

Kaname let out a simple smile. "She's fine."

"Did you send her my presents?" I asked, laughing a little. "Who knows, Kaname Kuran who's really hard to get, is in love with his own bestfriend."

Kaname chuckles. "Because she's Resha, Ichijou. That's why."

I can't deny his words.

Kaname reach into his pocket and open a journal. The annual year journal, where Resha wrote her daily routines and boredom, to Kaname. They exchanges it every year.

"I wish I have a girlfriend!" I'm saying. "When will she be back from hiding, anyway?"

"This year, maybe," he answer. "She said she's happy with your presents."

Everyone who fell for Resha is ridiculously dumb, including my best friend. Resha is not just some property you can own, and she will refuse the thought of being 'owned' by someone. She has some rare qualities that you may not be able to find, even forever. That is why, you will fall hard to her and lose yourself.

If Kaname is falling for Resha, he is dumb. But I am more dumb than anyone. Simply, because I kissed my best friend's girlfriend.

Now, Resha probably forget about that already. She's now a woman. Beautiful even more. We're friends, and Kaname doesn't know anything about it. I'm Ichijou Takuma, his and her bestfriend, and will do nothing to ruin our friendships. Maybe my loyalty to them was just because orders or because I'm attracted to them like bees to flowers- simply because they are pureblooded some things just can't be helped.

Anyway, that is my first secret with Resha. My first love. The one, that I will never have a chance with. The one, that I will never be together with. Sometimes I pity myself because I fall for someone I don't have any chance with.

Resha Valentine.

The one who was my first kiss on the lips.

No matter how hard I plead, beg or even cry, she will never be mine.

Even though there's jealousy whenever I see her with Kaname, I don't really want to do anything to bother them. She's happy now, what matters more?

"It's weird when you're quiet," Akatsuki said, sit beside me when Ruka join us.

"What are you thinking, Ichijou-sama?" She ask curiously.

Smiling, I close my eyes. "My first kiss," I answered.

"You ever kissed someone before?" Akatsuki and Ruka ask excitedly. "Hee? Who????"

I smile just remembering that. Even thought that was just a simple kiss by coincidence, I'm so sure of myself that after a thousands of years, I will never forget that. Never.

"I want to say sorry for what happened," I say, as she's still too surprised. "I hope that doesn't ruin our friendship."

Resha, blink her grey big dolly eyes at me, and nod. "Ichijou, I really love you as my own brother. I hope this wouldn't give you any weird idea..."

I understand. I understand that fact very well, but the truth this is the rejection kind of moment, is making my heart in pain. I was never rejected, always accepting.

"We're still friends, right?" She ask.

"Yeah, just forget that! That was just a kiss! I also love you as a sister, Resha!"

"Ichijou-sama?" Ruka's voice bring me back to reality, and I smile even more.

"Someone I treasured, but doesn't belong to me," I answer.

When I get back to my room, there's a frame of me, Resha and Kaname when we were little. She smiled so widely, and Kaname's sleeping on her shoulder, while I'm also smiling very widely.

I used to say my type of woman is the one who has the balanced chemistry with me. Perfect connection. When we both don't have to speak to understand each other.

We can easily be bored of beauty.

But for this one, I hardly would.