09 - St. Xocolatl day

Aido Hanabusa

The sunlight wakes me up. I groaned. "Akatsuki! Close the curtain! It's too damn bright," It's morning, I'm tired and all grumpy.

"The girls are louder than they usually are... I wonder why... Oh! I know what day today is!"

"What?!" I ask in anger.

"That because it's St.Xocolatl day. The day when students in Cross Academy claim their love and give them chocolates."

I quickly drift myself to sleep. It's not like I care. Ever since I carried her yesterday, all I felt is... tired. But I'm weirdly grumpy.

Is it because I carried her to the Lord's room? Is it because I found out they slept together? Is it because no matter how much I try to forget, the softness of her silky hair, the warmth of her skin, and the scent of her is circling around me? As if she doesn't want me to forget.

*******

I woke up, it's noon already. I slept longer than I usually do. Groaning, I stood up and take a towel from the cupboard, about to get ready for class. Yawning, I drink blood tablets in the glass.

After shower, I got dressed with my uniform and walk out. It's almost afternoon, just an hour before class.

"Hey, Hanabusa," Akatsuki calls.

"What?" I'm all grumpy, see?

"Kaname-sama needs you in his room." He looked at me suspiciously. "You didn't do anything weird, didn't you?"

I mean, I did slightly touch her hair and cheek, but I swear it was just the tip of my fingers. "What kind of man do you think I am? I am Aido Hanabusa!"

********

I knocked a few times, after I heard the approval, I went into the living room and bow my head down. Her vanilla scent fills up the room, making me nervous.

Kaname-sama is sitting on the sofa with reports on his coffee table. "Aido, I want your reports from last night's ball." He's looking at his paper.

I reported him everything, from the start, the meeting with Sara Shirabuki, the council elders, my suspicions, and the people who approached her, especially the men I personally specified from which family they belong, just so Kaname-sama can give them punishment. "...and then Sara-san left. It seems that she didn't mean any harm, but the again we all can't be so sure."

"Is that so?" He responded when I told him about the men who pursued her restlessly. "I'll attend the next gathering, then."

I nodded, and then someone's groaning in the bedroom. The door to his bedroom is opened just a little, as if so Kaname-sama can also keep his eyes on her even in the next room.

I hope she doesn't realize I'm here. "What time is it?" Her voice coming out of a small gap in the door, and it's tempting, soft and small, echoes in the room. It's like honey... She would loathe me if she knew what I'm thinking about.

"Aido, you may go," Kaname-sama orders firmly.

I nodded in response and walk away faster than my usual speed, just want to get out from that room.

*********

After I took a cold shower to get whatever that's inside my head, all of us get out of the gate and there's a line with our names filled with girls who want to give us chocolates.

I yawn in boredom and listening to Yuuki's guide. Honestly, I may look like I'm careless, but I'm just trying to ignore what's in the back of my mind.