16 - Aido Hanabusa's blood.

Resha Valentine

It has been two days since I have this fever. I was healthy a few hours ago, but then I will be sick and pale again and my temperature will increase again. Kaname will go for a day, to meet the senate again because a pureblood got shot. Like it or not, he must see them. To tell them not to worry because it was an accident. We wouldn't want to mess with the Hunter's dog, you see.

Kaname never leave my side. He didn't go out, either. All he did was put a cold compress on my forehead, feed me, hug me, tell me stories, writing reports from the academy, and sometimes go out to Chairman and be back as fast as he can to make sure I'm okay. He's really protective. Overly.

The other one who's also really worried about me is Aido. I can feel his presence in front of the door all the times. When I told Kaname to shoo him because I'm worried, he left, but will be back a few hours later. I recalled he once said, "I won't stop until I see her face and know that she's fine."

And then he will argue with Ichijou, but then go back to the same spot. In front of my room.

"Will you be okay, Resha?" Kaname sat on the edge of my bed, looking at me with worried eyes.

"Yes, I have Aidou, Ichijou, and everyone else. Don't be worried too much, it's tiresome." I reach for his face, then cling my hands around his neck to hug him.

"If it's possible to not go, I would, but I should... I'll come back here as soon as this finished. I promise," he said while I'm hugging him.

I smiled. "Okay. I know." Kaname kissed my forehead.

After he went unwillingly, I heard a knock.

It's Aidou. "Resha-sama, how are you? Do you need anything? A blanket? More water?" He sounds concerned from outside of the room, but didn't show me his face.

I shook my head. "Not now, Aidou. Thanks, get some rest for you too, will you? You have bags under your eyes." I don't need to see him to know how tired he must've looked like.

"I'm fine, Resha-sama. You'll eat in an hour and a half again, Kaname-sama told me about the schedule, already." There's a silence for a moment. Of course Kaname told him to take care of me... since I couldn't stand Aidou nagging at me. "May I open the door?"

Should I let him in? I'm not in a best state of myself... I'm thirsty and Kaname throwing his naked neck at me is not helping. He's tempting me to bite him but I refused to do so because, well, I know I will never be able to stop once I got a taste of his.

I opened the door with my ability, and he peek inside. "May I approach?" Now he just sounds like a dog waiting for permission.

"I don't want to eat." I rolled, and sat on the edge of my bed. My hair is so messy, I bet. Should I fix it up for him?

Aidou stared at me. "You need to eat, Lady Resha. Kaname-sama gave me an order. And I have to feed you." He's looking away, and it rise my curiousity. Is it because I look hideous? Is it because he's shy? Is it because he doesn't feel like looking at me when I'm all messy?

My legs feels like jelly, as if I have no bones. And my skin is so pale, and I noticed I had lost a few kilos of my weight. I can't walk, I can't even feel my legs. I look worse than usual. The sudden rush for blood came through as soon as I rolled over.

"Where is the tablets?" I ignored his words.

He walked to the coffee table, and he take one pack. "Promise me you will eat, Resha-sama. Please."

I'm staring at his ice blue eyes. How concerned he is about me. "Probably later... I can't feel anything for now, Aidou. My body is burning, and my tongue can't feel anything. This blood tables feels like... Walls."

He's kneeling down to look at my face since I looked down for a moment, realizing my own hideous appearance. "Why didn't you tell Kaname-sama? You can ask for his blood, Resha-sama. He won't mind." In his hand, there's the blood tablet. But something just passed through me.

Suddenly he looks very cool.

"Give me the blood tablets." I've had enough of talking and fooling myself with weird thoughts about his appearance. Aidou hesitated, but then gave it to me. I take it and rolls into my blanket again, lay down with my chest down ward. Looking at him with my right eye. "Don't tell that to Kaname, okay? I trust you enough to tell you my condition."

"You need real blood, Resha-sama." He stared and squezze his hands.

I don't need an expert analysis to actually understand it. "I'll keep myself company with these."

"Do you want my blood?"

What? I can't believe I'm actually considering it. "Stop talking nonsense and close the door when you're out." I closed my eyes. Trying to control my breath. I need blood. Real blood. These tablets are nothing.

They're not strong enough.

A few minutes passed, I heard nothing. So I opened my eyes and found out that Aidou locked the door. He's with me. In this room.

What?