07 - He was asked to stay.

Aidou Hanabusa

She's really different than the first time I met her. She's so... Distant, and have this sad-cold look in her eyes. Even thought she smiles a lot than Kaname-sama, but I can see lies. As if she's not here with us, at all.

*******

Today, Kaname-sama called me into his room. I turned pale in anxiety, wondering what did I do wrong these days.

"I want you to guard her this night, she will be going to the ball... A lot of people will be... wondering and eager to know where Resha have been all these years," Kaname-sama looking at his papers.

"Me? But Kaname-sama— I'm afraid I'll fail, and—"

"Your loyalty to her is undeniable, Aido. You'll do well," he say nothing more, knowing that I'd do anything for her, even if it takes my life away.

"Yes... Kaname-sama..."

********

In the night, I wait in the lobby nervously. My duty is to guard her. Protect her. But I feel like I'm going to be her date in this ball. God, I'm going to protect her, not going to monopolize her. Please give me strength just for this one night.

Fifteen minutes later, I sit downstairs in the living room closest to the grand entrance door impatiently, or should I say nervously, I'm about to knock her door and ask her if she's ready or not, but then she comes out.

She's wearing a simple long white gown, and a simple necklane. Simply matched with her skin and her black hair. Compliments her neckline and her eyes. "I'm sorry, Aido. Did I take that long?"

Lady Resha Valentine is simply stunning without even trying to. She's gorgeous.

"Um, i-it's okay, Resha-sama." I blush, knowing that eventhough I am a noble, but I have no similarities with her. Our level is too different. Even for a noble like me, she's higher up and I'm the one who's always looking there. This is the time where I truly feel the hierarchy between us.

"Shall we?" Her voice crystallized.

We sit next to each other in the car, and she's looking outside the window. It's raining right now, and the road is awfully dark. By her expression, I can tell she's nervous. Really nervous.

"Are you nervous, milady?" I asked, but knowing the answer already by her furrowing eyebrows.

After a pause, Resha-sama looked at me. "Sadly, yes."

I smiled, reassuring her. "Don't be, I'll protect you."

"It's sad Kaname couldn't be here because of the senate."

"I'm sure you two will meet again back in the dorm, Resha-sama."

She nodded, grins. "Anyway, how do I look?"

It takes no time to answer that. "Stunning. Absolutely stunning."

But what comes next suprises me. A soft pink, continued with a red ears. She's blushing, and I'm not sure how to take this. "...you're too much."

But you are. I turned my head to the window, distracting myself with the scenery instead of my own racing heartbeat. The fact that I made her blush, made an impact to her is maddening.

Her scent fills up this car. It's so weird. "Get a grip, Aidou." My whisper is as little as it was only for myself.

**********

We arrived three hours later, the party will be like the usual. The only difference is I get to see her holding my hand. Beside me.

"I'm scared," Resha-sama tighten her hand. Going pale.