"Am I in trouble?" Max heard Maeve's voice and turned back to open the door.

Max looked at Mark before crouching down so that Maeve could see her better.

"Of course not sweetie, why would you think that?" Max asks.

"I just, I didn't realize that it was such a big deal and Mrs. Daily made it sound like I was a freak" Maeve says tearing up.

"Maevie, I know this is hard to understand but I promise that you are not in trouble and I promise that I will try to explain it to you the best that I can but not here, once we get home and you are far from a freak, you are amazing" Max looked at her daughter until she nodded, standing up she kissed her daughter on the head before shutting the door.

"Are you okay to meet me at my house? Or do you have big surgery's today" Max asked Mark with a sigh.

"Nothing that's important enough, I'll just push them back" Mark smiles at her before walking to his car and heading to the house.

The two girls had stopped and picked up some lunch, Max figured that since it was already passed lunchtime and Mark was at the house then she would save time and just pick something up

Max watched as Maeve took out all of the food containers and set them on the table, pushing the sesame chicken closer to her she set the orange chicken and fries rice in front of Max and the peppered chicken and rice next to Mark.

"Maevie, I know you are confused and you have questions so Dad and I are here to help you with whatever you need" Max told her daughter gently, she wasn't sure how to start the conversation but she also didn't want Maeve to feel insecure about being different.

"Maxi, I think maybe we should just take her to a specialist they could help her understand better then we can" Mark says from across the table.

"Maybe but for now she needs to understand that there is nothing wrong with her and that we love her all the same" Max replied to Mark.

"I'm right here!" Maeve stated.

"I know baby, I'm sorry. Your Dad and I just aren't quite sure how to explain it to you" Max smiled gently.

"Just do the best you can" Maeve offered.

"Okay, I uh, you know how Mrs. Dailey told us about Justin sharing that his brother was having trouble with the square root of 36?" Mark asked the little girl.

"And I told him that it was 6, what about it?" Maeve asked, shoving a piece of chicken into her mouth.

"Well, at nine years old you're not supposed to know that, you're supposed to be learning about adding and subtracting but you, you can understand the problems" Max grabs her water and takes a sip, this is harder than she thought it would be.