"I'm doing well, thank you for asking. How are you?" Mrs. Dailey asks, motioning to the chairs in front of her.

Taking a seat along with Maeve, she set her purse on her lap and gave the teacher a nervous smile, "I can't complain. I'm sorry, I don't think Mark will be here today. I hope that isn't a problem"

"I'm here! I'm here!" Mark said rushing into the room, walking over to the teacher and shook her hand before walking to the other side of Maeve and took a seat, "Hi sweetheart" he kissed Maeve's head before giving the teacher his attention.

"Alrighty then, I guess if everyone is ready, we may begin" Mrs. Dailey said stopping momentarily to see both Mark and Max nod. "As we all know, Maeve is a wonderful student, she excels in all classes especially math, she raises her hand when needed and always goes out of her way to help another student"

"That's Good right?" Max asks hesitantly, of course it was good but Max was afraid to hear the rest of it.

"Yes, Dr. Mallard it is good but we have days that aren't good. Just last week, Justin, another student in this class, came in and talked about his older brothers math homework, they were learning about the square root of numbers, so he came in and told the class that his brother was having problems figuring out the square root of 36, and Maeve here, raises her hand and says, 'Is he dumb? It's obviously 6' and when I asked her not to use that language when referring to another person she said, 'As if learning the square root of 36 is hard" Mrs. Dailey set the piece of paper down on the table, and looked at the two parents, who were just as shocked.

"She's nine, how could she possibly know the square root of 36" Max asked the teacher.

"You guys are already learning that stuff?" Mark asked right after.

"That's the reason behind this visit, I believe that Maeve is gifted. I have never seen a child let alone an adult that can do math like she can. Later that day I had tested Maeve on some math problems, we started off easy and then we got to college level math as I watched her figure out the numbers in her head without a calculator I had realized that this needed to be brought up today" Mrs. Dailey tells the two of them.

"What are you saying?" Mark questions.

"As much as the students and teachers love Maeve, we think she needs to attend a school that can better fit her needs, she may be a second grader but she's not learning like one, she's in college level math already and at this school we don't have the resources to teach her anything that will be beneficial" Mrs. Dailey gave them a hesitant smile.

Max looked down at her daughter with shock, "How do you feel about this?"

"Uh, I don't know" She shrugged, she didn't think she was any different.

"Do you think that you need to go to transfer to a different school?" Mark asked her softly.

Maeve just shrugged her shoulders, "Honey, you don't need to feel scared about telling us things. I don't want to put you in a position without you understanding it, okay?" Max says to her daughter in a low tone.

"Dr. Mallard, I'm not sure this conversation should be held here. Take her home, help her understand and then you and Dr. Sloan can discuss what is best for her" Mrs. Dailey tells her.

"Right, yeah. Sorry" Max mutters to the teacher before grabbing onto Maeve's hand and walking out of the school.

She opened the back door so that Maeve could climb Into the seat, she waited until Max was all the way buckled before shutting the door.