"That's right," a voice bellowed. "It'll be over for you, at least."

Ian laid back in Damien's arms, gritting his teeth with anger (and pain, but that was pretty obvious). "You..." he snarled, his view mostly blocked by his bulge, but he knew exactly who it was.

"Why yes, it is me," the white king said sweetly. Damien put a protective arm in front of Ian, who could only lay there and struggle breathing. "Nice to see you again. Ian, Damien," he nodded at both of them, who narrowed their eyes. "Enjoying your stay here?"

"You know that answer very well," Damien snapped. "What are you doing here? Where's everyone else? I swear, if you have them..."

"Alas, I don't," the king huffed, annoyed. "But to answer your first question, I came to settle a dispute with a friend." He leered at Ian as he said this. "Move aside, Mr. Haas."

"What?! Friend?!" Damien yelled, his arm blocking the king from Ian. "You're just going to hurt him! Why pick on Ian, and not me?"

"Because he OUTWITTED ME!" The king thundered. "Using his rule against me, hurting you himself... THAT WASN'T FAIR!" The king had a mini tantrum and Damien addressed Ian.

"You didn't do that on purpose, did you," Damien muttered. Ian shook his head.

"OH FOR THE LOVE OF THE WHITE QUEEN!" He pushed past Damien and ripped the oxygen tubes from Ian's face. Ian couldn't breathe well before, but now he wasn't getting anything. He choked, blood leaving his lips with every cough. Damien watched in horror as his friend slowly suffocated to death, curled up on the ground in a fetal position next to a growing puddle of blood. "Now you'll die slowly..." the king cackled to Ian. "Unless, of course... your friend wants to finish the job." the king sneered, driving the blade of a knife into the ground, feet from Ian. He flinched, and the king grinned. "Maybe Mr. Haas will be a good friend and put you out of your misery faster."

Damien tried to snatch the precious oxygen back, but the king had already begun to walk away, leaving them in the dark interrogation room. Damien dropped down to Ian, whose breathing was very, very heavy. He gasped for air, wheezing.

"Ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod Ian hang in there!" Damien begged him. "Please, dude, don't die... oh god, please don't..."

Ian let out a loud moan, before wheezing out. "Get... the fu(bleep)ing... knife..."

Damien's eyes widened. "No, Ian!" Damien cried. He felt his anxiety overpowering. "Don't make me do that! I can't do that, Ian... I know you're in pain but-"

Ian heaved, coughing loudly, before interrupting Damien. "No... I'm not... use the knife... to our advantage," he groaned and rolled over on his back. His blue eyes were glazed over and his lungs struggled to find oxygen. His large belly rose up and down through staggered breaths.

"I've want... I've wanted this... to end..." Ian wheezed, "but now that... I think... it's finally the... the end I'm-I'm scared," Ian got out.

"Ian, stop! Don't talk like that!" Damien cried out. With a sudden burst of adrenaline, he hoisted Ian up with a grunt. Ian was surprised as he felt his body picked up and he looked over at Damien, impressed. "If we figure out how... we can get out of here." Damien said, determined. "I'm not leaving you behind." He grunted, unbalanced. "Oh god, you're really heavy..." Damien huffed.

Ian fought back the urge to say "Gee, Damien, I wonder why?" He instead got out, "Put me down... save... your strength, then..." Damien nodded and carefully propped Ian up against the wall. He settled with a soft moan, but gave Damien a small nod toward the door.

Damien cringed when he saw more blood spray from Ian's mouth. The growing puddle was becoming the growing pile. But he couldn't freak out about it now... he had to find a way to get Ian and himself out of the interrogation room.