Chapter 3-The Northern Kingdom

"Who was that?" I ask sliding off of the horse.

"What do you mean?" Mason asks, taking my weapons from under my cloak.

I slap his hands away in frustration. "The man in the window!"

"Let me carry them." Mason says.

I quickly hand him the bow and arrows. I hand Alexon my dagger and he puts it in his boots.

I see two guards running down the steps with their armor clinking with every movement. I straighten up and see the two guys do the same. Alexon walks up to them when they stop at the bottom of the steps. Mason steps infront of me, as if protecting me. Trust me. I don't need protecting.

"We are here to talk with the King and Queen." Alexon says with authority.

"Who are you?" One of the guards asks with a scruffy voice. Maybe he smokes.

"Prince Alexon Kinston." He points to himself them me. "That is my sister Princess Annebelle Kinston with her fiancé Mason Brinman."

"The royals?! Go tell the majestys!" The guard says to his partner, running off with him.

I suddenly feel lightheaded. "Alexon, Mason. I don't feel good." I say swaying.

Mason turns and looks at me. He quickly grabs me when my knees give. His face instantly goes to worry.

Alexon rushes over. "Are you okay? What's wrong? You aren't faking this right?" He blurts out.

"I'm lightheaded and dizzy. I wish I was faking." I say, leaning my head against Mason's chest.

Alexon places his head on my forehead and frowns. "You have a fever and you are pale."

I hear feet runnimg down the steps. I turn my head and see the two princes running down the steps. One of them is 10 and the other my age. They both have light brown hair. The older one has ember eyes and the younger one has brown eyes. I see a lady from the door. Queen Alissa. I see the king emerge from behind his Queen.  I feel Mason tighten his hold on me.

"Alexon!" The 10 year old yells.

"Henry! How are you doing?" Alexon says with enthusiasm to probably make the boy feel good.

The prince my age just stares over at me and Mason. He bows to me.

"Princess Annebelle." He says with a slight smirk.

I try to stand. I succeed until my legs give out from under me and I collapse. Both Mason and the prince go to catch me but they hit their heads with a loud clank. I swear I could feel it. They both stumble back and moan in pain. I give off a slight laugh. Henry looks over to me and smiles.  He runs over to me and sits infront of me.

"Hello princess. You've gotten prettier." He says.

I blush. "And you have grown! Last time I remeber you were a little boy!"

He puffs up his chest and I hold back a laugh. "I'm a big boy now! Just like big brother Tristan!" He says happy.

"Stop calling me that!" The older prince whines. He walks over to us and offers me a hand up. I stand and actually hold it up this time.

I curtsy. "Hello again, Prince Tristan." I say sweetly.

"Why you have gotten so much prettier." He says with a sincerity...and lust?

I blush. "Why thank you for such a sweet compliment."

Henry jumps up and runs up the steps to his parents.