30-The token of his alliance

"Well, she will be happy when she wakes up."

"You healed her brother?"

"No, one of your nurses did. I helped heal-"

I open my eyes and a bright light makes me groan before someone's shadow covers it. I look and see Alaric with worry on his face.

"Good morning, sleeping beauty." Raymond jokes.

A smile tries to make a way onto my face but sadness is still inside me.

"Your brother is-"

"Where the hell is she!?" Alexon growls out, throwing the door open.

I cry out and opens my arms. He bolts over and hugs me to him tightly, picking me up.

"Alright, lets go. I want to get home and Mason is ready. I have a hold on Belle."

"You are riding her horse with her?" Alaric asks.

"No, Mason is. I am taking her to him because he won't be able to make the walk here."

"What's wrong with Mason?" I cry out.

All eyes turn towards me like they forgot about me. I love you all too.

"He-"

"I am right here, baby girl. I told you I would be right behind you." Mason's voice whispers in my ear.

I turn around me see Mason standing in front of me with his arm tied up.

"Mase!" I cry out, flinging my arms around him in a hug. "You're okay!"

He crys out in pain but hugs me back. "All you do is bring me pain. How in the world do I love you for it?"

"I don't know and I don't care!" I mutter into his chest.

He sighs and pulls me against him tighter.

"We have to go, Mason. The king wasn't expecting us to be gone for so long." Alexon speaks up.

"Can she ride with me?" Mason begs.

"Starlight likes you better than me right now. I refused to let her go and save Annabelle."

"That's not very nice." I mutter causing Mason to laugh.

"Come on, lets go." Mason says, picking me up with his good arm and carrying me.

We get to the horses and my horse runs over to me. I reach out and she nuzzles my hand. Mase releases me and I slide up onto the saddle. He climbs after me and wraps his good arm around me.

"Alright! Belle, have a head start." Alaric states and I take off.

"They said your heart stopped beating but you are fine now. What happened?" I yell to Mason over the thundering of hooves. Raymond thought it would be a good idea to send a few of his guards with is to make sure I arrive home safely.

"Alaric healed me, thankfully. I owe him big time."

"I have to thank him." I mutter. He healed Mason for me. He has no idea how much that means to me.

"Home sweet home! How does that feel Annabelle?" Alaric yells out.

I laugh and turn to face him. "Absolutely wonderful! You have no idea."

We ride in silence for what feels like weeks but is only a few days. Turns out the Wolves turned us in a completely different direction and we ended up coming into the eastern side of the fae territory. My kingdom is on the western side and it is half a days ride from there at least.

I begin to notice my surroundings. "Alexon! The archers!" I yell out.

"Be on guard men, some of our best archers come from this side since it faces a cliff." Alexon yells to everyone with us.

"Don't you usually come from this side of the mountian?" Mason asks me.

I nod, waiting for them to relaize something.

"Is that why you wear a red cloak? So they know it is you!?"

I smile and nod. I look up and see a few archers aiming at Alaric, Alexon, and the guards.

"Are they protecting you from them?" Mason asks.

I nod and steer Starlight in front of everyone else. I hold my hand out towards the archers.

"Princess!"

"The princess is back!"

"Call up Guardian Gerald and the king!"

The archers pull back and run to open a small gate. I run ahead while Mason holds onto me tightly. The gate opens enough for only us to fit through and I see many of our guards.

I smile and wave to them, happy to see familiar faces. "Princess!" An older voice yells.

I look up to see Gerald, Peter's father and the head guard, running towards me. He is also my father's best friend and close enough to an uncle figure for me.

"I'm so glad you are home. Your father has been worried sick about you. He missed you."

I feel arms wrap around my waist and I'm pulled against a chest. I look up to see a serious faced Mason.

"Has Peter returned back yet?" Alexon asks.

Gerald shakes his head. "I thought he was with you?"

"He rode ahead to meet us here. Annabelle had to make a treaty between the Elves and us."

"Is that why you are wearing the crown?"

I nod. "The token of his alliance." I smile and look to see everyone looking at me.

My smile drops. "Gods, you guys are hard to please."

Alexon rolls his eyes and pulls me from Mason. "No, you just need sleep and maybe some food. I think traveling has messed with your mind, little sister." With his arm around my shoulder, he leads me back into the castle.

"I think her highness should change into something more appropriate." A guard speaks up. Everyone turns to look at me to see me wearing trousers and a shirt.

I see a lot of disapproval from the soliders. I smile widely before running off, my leather boots silent on the stone floors.

"Belle!" Mason and Alexon yell. I turn the corner and slide. I look up and see guards chasing after me. I straighten up and bolt towards my father's office. When the guards see what is going on they being to chase after me.

I laugh and open the office doors dramaticly. I raise my shoulders as my cloak falls flat against my back.

The king's head snaps up and a smile appears on his face as he stands up and begins to walk towards me. His hair looks like it has more gray to it.

"Dad!" I hell happily, running over to him and jumping into his arms.

"What the hell are you wearing!?" He yells in complete shock.