32-don't tell them lies!

"It's nice being back in a dress!" I exclaim as I walk down the stairs with Peter by my side.

"Glad to have you back, Belle." Peter responds.

"When did you get back?"

"A day before you did. Why were you late?"

I ignore his question with one of my own. "How come no one knew you were here?"

"I came in from the front. I had to make a run into town and I knew you requested a red cloak for a reason. I know the little tricks of yours." He says then stares me down as if he knows something.

"Is there something on my face?" I whine. "I just took a bath!"

He laughs. "No, princess, what is going on between you and the duke?"

"Mason?" He nods. "Oh, Peter, I love him!"

He looks at me startled. "You love him? What did he do to deserve your love and forgiveness?"

"I loved him before he was sent to be a slave. We were supposed to be married by now."

"Why hasn't your father done anything about it?"

"I don't think the king knows I love Mason." I whisper.

Peter scoffs. "Bullshit! The whole castle knows that, that man loves you. He can't sleep unless you are in his arms or nearby."

"But-"

"Belle, just talk to him. All I ask is that you ask your father."

I nod and notice we are walking towards the training grounds. "Aren't I banned from here?"

"The men need some moral support. We can't send you to the campgrounds so training grounds are the best spot possible."

I nod. "Are you still my personal guard?"

"Yes."

"Does he know what-"

"No, and it is going to stay that way." He orders.

"You can't order me around!" I snap. "I rule over you."

He looks away. "Forgive me princess. I don't know what has gotten into me the past month."

I continue to walk towards the training grounds, purposely forgetting to forgive him. I don't want to be in a bad mood today.

"Princess." The two guards exiting say with a bow.

"Men." I respond with a smile. They smile back and walk away. I walk into the room and stop to notice how many men are here.

A few notice me and bow in respect, causing others to look to see me.

"Belle," Mason sighs. "Do I ever get alone time?"

I raise a brow at him and cross my arms over my chest.

"Oohhh lovers quarrel!" Hushed whispers fly around the room.

Mason walks up to me and lifts my chin up. He has a mischievous smirk on his face. He quickly ducks down and kisses me on the lips. The room erupts into whistles and hollers.

"Hey! I didn't tell my sister to come here for you to show everyone she is yours!" Alexon yells in a joking manner.

Mason pulls away and my face instantly heats up. I groan and hide my head in my hands.

I feel an arm wrap around my shoulders and pull me against a sweaty body and chest. I squeak and try to push the body away.

My luck though is my hands slip and I land face first into the chest. I groan and stand there while everyone is laughing.