29-Can't hide your little friend now can you?

Mason wraps his arms around me, kissing me deeply. I pull back and whispers words that make a smile brighten his whole face.

"I love you too."

He hollers in joy before grabbing my face and kissing me again. I chuckle against his lips and kiss him back.

He pulls away and rests his forehead against mine. "My princess, all mine now." He states possessively, his breath fanning my face.

"All yours, my duke." I mutter back, my eyes closing.

I lay my head on his shoulder as he pulls me onto his lap. "How did Alexon get your horse?"

"I told him to climb on mine and we could go faster. I regret my decision." I say then whistle. Cyril's stable boy taught me the whistle for their horses. I hear hooves before I see the horse Alexon was on. I reach over and slide on the horse, giving Mason a smirk.

"Can't hide your little friend now can you?" I ask, pointing to his lap before riding off.

I hear him groan and chase after me. I laugh and blow him a kiss. He catches it and holds it over his heart.

"Found her!" Someone yells.

I turn the other way and see a few Wolves approaching Mason and I. I scream when they pull out bows.

"Go, baby!" Mason yells. "I have them!"

I nod and whip the reins, speeding up. I wish I had Starlight!

I hook my feet into the stirrups and stand up while leaning forward. I kick back onto the horse's side with my heel making him take off.

The wind whips my loose hair back and my cape flys behind me like a flag. My breathing becomes quicker as I focus on getting home and catching up to Alexon.

Alaric should be able to take care of himself and Mason has nothing important on him unless he gives off his name.

I whistle for Starlight only to earn an arrow nicking my shoulder in return. I scream in shock and hold my left hand over my wound. I look behind me to see the Wolves catching up with Alaric unconscious behind them.

"Ya!" I yell, kicking the horse. He speeds up but this is nothing compared to my baby.

Wait! Where is Mason!? I look behind me again and see he isn't with the others. I start to panic. Did they kill him?! Did they harm him!?

"No!" I cry out, pain filling me. They can't kill him! I just told him I love him.

Determination fills me. I grab my bow and notch an arrow, aiming at the leader. I release the arrow and it hits my target, his neck. He falls off of his horse and everyone slows down, shock filling them.

My gods, I need Starlight back. I miss my horse.

"Little red! Slow down, we just want to talk!" Someone yells.

I begin to notice the markings on the trees and a smirk takes over my lips. Raymond's territory.

The fae will help. My horse begins to slow down and panic takes place in my determiation. I whistle one last time, hoping Starlight will hear.

My horse stops and I sit down. The Wolves circle around me like I'm their prey.

"Little Red." One of them purrs out.

I spin my horse around to keep my narrowed eyes on all of them.

"Where is he?" I ask, anger evident in my voice.

"Who?" A hunter says, walking his horse towards me. "This man?"

He motions to Alaric. Sadness fills me. I'm sorry, Alaric. I never meant to let this happen to you.