chapter 13- unexpected note

"Where are we going?" I ask as we make our way down my corridor hall.

"I have something to show you!" Is all he replies.

He stops in front of the room that he stores his pictures. He opens the door and makes his way to the back, taking slow and careful steps.

"Mase, I won't make it back there without hurting one of your pictures." I tell him.

"Just come here. I don't care just try your best." He motions for me to follow. I take slow and careful steps like he did and make it over to Mason in twice the time it took him. He pulls me to his side and points to a picture that is hung up.

I gasp. "I made this for you." Mason says kissing my temple.

The painting is of a lake in the middle of a forest. The lake has Lilly pads and fish swimming in it. Around the lake is grass and trees. There is a small bush to the side and everything seems to sparkle. There are birds on the branches and deer coming from behind the tree. And a brown haired girl sitting by the lake with a white and red dress. A very pretty dress.

But there is one thing that stands out from the rest. Two golden eyes in a bush. I reach forward but a hand catches mine. I follow the arm to see Mason's worried face.

"No, you'll be sucked into the picture."

I back away in fear before tripping over a picture. Strong arms catch me and lift me up. I look to see Peter there.

"I am still your guard, princess." He says then sets me on my feet.

I nod towards him but fear still has a hold over me. "Why would you show me something like that?! Mason, you know better than everyone here that I touch my pictures."

"Belle, I am sorry but this is something a witch gave me to trick you before they found out what your purpose in this life is."

"What is my purpose in this life?"

He grins at me. "To be by my side of course. And to unite all the supernatural realms. You already started on the fae and the shifters. I heard that you are speaking to Alpha in a few days time. If you get the wolves all you have left are the witches, warlocks, and elves."

"How did you know about the meeting?" Peter asks him seriously.

"She is my soon to be wife, I have all sorts of reasons to keep a watch on her."

"That sounds completely crazy. Are you sure you havent gone crazy on me?" I ask him seriously.

"No, I'm positive I haven't gone crazy but I can't loose you again and survive," Mason whispers, walking towards me.

"He is human right?" I turn and ask Peter.

Peter sniff the air and nods. "He's human. And part royal too." He makes a gagging noise.

"Do I smell bad?" Mason asks, sniffing himself.

"No, your royal scent does. I have no idea why yours smells bad when Belle's family smells wonderful." Peter says.

"Your highness," someone calls out timidly. I look behind me to see a maid. "Your father is calling for you."

I nod and she runs off. "Looks like Tristan made his move."

"Are you sure you want to do this Belle?" Mason asks, taking my hand.

I close my eyes and nod. "Yes, I'm sure. I refuse to let him have me. If he let me run I might have went back but he chased me, and that is a bad thing to do."

Mason's hand tightens around mine and I open my eyes to see two of the guys I care for giving me an encouraging smile.

I begin my walk to father's office. Peter follows respectively behind me with Mason by my side. Alexon runs down the hall with a sword on his hip. He slams dad's doors open and we all see an empty room.