New Years Homesickness (OoO)

Start from the beginning

"How's he homesick?" Ritchie asks with his hand up like we're in school.

"Before he came to this camp, he lived in his house with his mother in the city. He's never spent New Years away from his mother so, he's feeling a little homesick about it." Now, everyone understands and a wave of sympathy crashes over us for the poor lightning bean.

"So, we're planning on surprising him with tonight's firework display!" I yell, excitingly. Smiles were placed on everyone's faces as they all nodded and we got to work, planning Mario's big New Year's surprise.

1 hour til Midnight...

Alright. Everything is all set up and Kay should be here with Mario's 'present' any minute. Bryan and some others also came back with another little surprise for him and I hope I know what it is.

Once Kay arrived and Mario's 'surprise' was in place, all we had to do was get Mario!

"Now we get Mario! Xylo, you wanna get him?" I nodded eagerly and ran off to Mario's cabin.

Once I got to the door, I knocked on it and waited for an answer. I heard a faint 'come in' from inside so I opened the door and walked inside.

Inside, I saw Mario, face in his pillow, with a picture of him and his mother next to him on his bed.

"Mario?" I asked softly.

"W-What do you want?" He turns and faces me as I looked at his puffy eyes, probably from cyring.

"I came to get you for the fireworks." I sat down on his bed next to him.

"I'm n-not g-going." He said bluntly, putting his face in his pillow again.

I knew he was going to say that so, I picked him up in my arms, which earned a yelp from him as he wrapped his arms around my neck.

"Well, I'm taking you anyways. We have a surprise anyways." I say grinning as I walk out of his cabin and off to the campfire. He just sighed and hid his face in my neck, causing me to chuckle.

When we arrived, I put Mario down and walked over to Kay, ready for the next step.

(Mario's POV)

As Xylo walked away, I just sat on the log, staring at the fire. I was lost in thought until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I thought it was Xylo so I just sighed. "What do you want, Xylo?"

"Hey, I don't remember my name being Xylo, Mario." A very familiar voice spoke and it wasn't Xylo... I got up quickly and spun around to be met with none other than...

"M-M-Mom?!" I yelled in tears as I ran and hugged her tightly, to which she returned.

"Hello, Mario. It's been quite a long time since I last saw you." She said as she pulled away from the hug. I smiled brightly.

"It h-has! H-How'd you g-get here t-to c-camp?" I asked, now confused on how she's here.

"Well, your friends called and said you were feeling a little homesick. So Kay came and got me to spend New Years here with you!" More tears poured from my eyes as I looked at everyone, who had smiles on their faces or a thumbs up at me.

"T-Thank you! N-Now we can follow o-our tradition!" Everyone laughed at my excitement. We went over to the opening of the camp to see blankets everywhere, big enough for two people each.

We all took a blanket, sharing one with a friend or sibling or someone who meant something special to us.

Jake shared with Brandeen, Austin with Bri, Colin with Lily, Ritchie with Michael, Mitch with Marshie, my mother with Kay as two special people to me, Bryan with Inmo. Brick and Seek were alone. Xylo was next to me, for some reason, he insisted.