Promises

Pidge sighed as she watched her friend, it was sad.

Sure it was clear that her friend had moved on, she had gotten past the crying and the closed off days. But it still hurt.

Keith and (y/n) were perfect and Pidge in all honesty had her doubts at first. But they both proved her wrong, they were amazing together.

Right up until they were about to leave there was never a sign of it ending.

Then they left.

And things just sort of happened.

They happened in a way that still made Pidge's mind spin, she hated the fact that they had all dispersed but it was nice for her to out grow her shell.

For all of them really.

Yet the ache in her when she saw her friend in pain... It made her want to start over again.

"Have you heard from Keith?" Pidge asked not even trying to be subtle.

"We text from time to time." (Y/n) shrugged not seeming fazed by the question. "Have you heard from him?"

"A bit, he seems more distant then usual." Pidge admitted making (y/n) raise and eyebrow at her as she grabbed her cup of coffee.

"In what way?"

"Well... I asked if he wanted to meet up and he gave me an answer which I could only take as a no." Pidge admitted shaking her head. "But he wouldn't say the reason why he couldn't."

"Yeah. He has been a bit distant but, I'm not really surprised I mean... Things are a bit awkward."

"Why should they be? Did you two ever break up?"

"No."

"Then what is it?" Pidge asked her mind whiring, she needed to satisfy her curiosity only then would everything make sense.

"Because we haven't broken up, we just, drifted I guess." (Y/n) sighed looking down. "I think if we had broken up things would have been weird but not as awkward as this."

Pidge went to speak when the doorbell rang and thundering footsteps were heard on the stairs.

"I'll get it!" James called out making (y/n) laugh.

There was silence for a few seconds before James sprinted at (y/n) jumping next to her on the sofa.

"It's here! It's here!" He held out an envelope and Pidge watched as a small smile started to grow on (y/n)'s face as she shakily took the letter off of him.

"What's all the screaming about?" Blake asked entering the room. "Hi Pidge."

"Hi Blake." Pidge smiled her attention then moving back to (y/n), who's eyes were reading the letter at an insane pace.

"I did it." She said quietly meeting Blake's gaze. "I did it!"

"Yes!" James yelled excitedly before running off.

"How do you want to celebrate?" Blake laughed as he ruffled her hair.

"I have no idea." (Y/n) laughed smacking his hand away.

"You did what now?" Pidge asked still in her very confused state.

"Well, I can't remember if I told you or not but my father was a detective, and I'm gonna be one to." (Y/n) smiled a blush of embarrassment covering her cheeks.

"That's incredible." Pidge smiled making her friends smile grow even more. "You have to tell the others."

"And then you have to meet up." Sam said wrapping his arms around her materialising out of nowhere. "Then maybe Keith will pop back up."

"Sam..."

"Oh come on we know that you miss him." Sam responded shaking his head.

Pidge smirked holding (y/n) gaze making her looked even more anxious.

"Pidge, no."

~~~

"I hate you." (Y/n) whispered to Pidge as the waiter led them towards their table.

"You'll forgive me later." Pidge smirked fixing her green dress. "Plus the others will be excited to see you."

"I know but here? How did you even afford this?" (Y/n) questioned making Pidge's eyes shine. "You're not paying for it are you?"

"Not a penny." Pidge stated an evil glint in her eyes.

"Allura or Shiro?"

"Shiro's broke mate, he's been broke for years."

"Yeah I knew that, just eliminating possibilities."

"Well it's neither." Pidge smirked.

"Pidge." (Y/n) said cautiously with a frown. "Who is paying?"

"You'll just have to wait and see." Pidge beamed as if she was innocent of everything in the world.

"You know I no longer trust that smile right." (Y/n) questioned rolling her eyes.

"Just sit down and be quiet." Pidge said pushing her friend towards her seat. "Just... Please?"

"You really are acting weird." (Y/n) sighed sitting down. "Now what?"

"The rest of the group appear." Lance's voice said appearing from no where. "Hi beautiful, evening (y/n)."

Pidge tried but couldn't hide the slight blush that over took her features it made (y/n) smirk victoriously as Pidge glared at her.

"So... Am I early or is everyone late?" Lance asked taking the seat next to Pidge.

"Early for once in your life." Pidge responded elbowing him gently.

"But the others aren't too far behind." Shiro said as he walked over with Hunk right behind him. "(Y/n) it's been ages."

"I know." She smiled. "I have missed you guys."

"As have we." Allura smirked leading the way over with a rather tired looking Coran behind her.

"Then maybe we shouldn't do the whole 'gone off the grid thing' again." Hunk suggested with a smile.

"100% agreed." They all decided firmly.

"I can't believe it Lance beat me here."

(Y/n) turned to see none other then Keith Kogane stood just off from the group, a soft smile taking over his features.

She was glad for her friends who immediately jumped into conversation dampening out the sound of her heart which she was sure they could all hear.

"So, you finally did it." Keith smiled sitting next to her. "I'm proud of you."

"Thanks Keith." (Y/n) smiled. "Nice suit."

Keith chuckled shaking his head as he looked at her with those eyes, those really, really nice eyes.

"Nice dress." He responded.

"Alright enough chatting time to get to business." Pidge announced making (y/n)'s eyes roll as she smiled at her friend.

"And what is that?" Hunk asked almost nervously.

"That we're never going to disappear or walk out on our friends again."

"Sounds like a plan." (Y/n) nodded not missing the frown that adorned Keith features, but she refused to look at him.

Not here, she kept telling herself over and over. Not here.