Red

~~~Shiro's pov~~~

Planning a strategic attack for someone who hasn't been beaten yet isn't the easiest of things and when your whole team is relying on you... It makes everything so much harder... And having to be a teacher as well? I really didn't plan this out.

All I want is coffee and 4 weeks payed holiday, but we can't have everything that we want can we.

"Now can we all just settle down. JACOB please sit down." I didn't mean to yell but these kids are going to be the death of me.

"But sir Rolo pulled my chair away from me." Jacob answered giving an accusing glare to Rolo.

"Rolo. Is this true?" I asked knowing that he would never tell me the truth.

"He's making it all up."

"No I'm not." Jacob yelled kicking Roll's chair making him laugh harder.

"Rolo, Jacob go to Allura's office and go and explain to her what you've done while I teach those who actually want to be here." I sighed handing them both a slip while the other kids oohed at the drama.

"Fine." Rolo grumbled as he headed out of the classroom Jacob close behind following in a sulky way.

"Now let's get back to the lesson. Computing isn't something you can just breeze through you need to study." I sighed pulling up a power point and flicked through the slides until I found the one I wanted.

"Now if you guys can get this down and revise this section by next week, then we will have a test."

The whole class sighed and almost immediately I was regretting every decision that I had ever made.

After what felt like 3 hours later, the lesson ended and it was my break. Finally.

"Wow Shiro you look like you could use a good cup of coffee." Allura said as she caught up with me in the hall holding a cup for me.

"I feel like I need a lie down." I smiled taking the cup off her and humming in content at the perfection of it.

"Yeah I saw Rolo and Jacob practically murder eachother with glares once they arrived at my office." She nodded taking a huge bite out of a cupcake she had. "Want one?"

She held up another one and I gladly took it. "Man Allura stop buying me food, your gonna make me fat."

Allura snorted and stuffed the rest in her mouth. "Yeah right."

"So any plans for how to stop Zarkon?" I asked as we arrived at the control room.

"Nope, I was hoping that you would have a plan." She said throwing her bag into her chair letting roll away as it did.

"Can't I pass on the responsibility?" I asked sighing as I took a seat.

"Well if you do then you can't be the black paladin." She shrugged, "after all you are the head of Voltron."

"Wait who is going to be the red paladin?" The sudden realisation hit me like a tone of bricks.

Keith was leaving.

"Well I guess I could give it a go and see what happens." Allura shrugged tossing her empty cup into the trash can.

"That's a good idea. So how on earth are we going to stop Zarkon? If we don't then the coalition will fall apart." I sighed putting my head on the table. "Wait that's it. I know what to do."

"I'm not even going to ask." (Y/n) said appearing in the room with Pidge.

"Yeah best not." Allura smiled as they took their seats waiting for the rest of the crew.

~~~Pidge's pov~~~

Me and (y/n) grabbed several cup holders and filled the cups with coffee, today had been the worst day ever.

(Y/n) told me about the drama that had happened in her computing class and how Shiro looked ready to quit.

But we were all still trying to answer the one question that had been buzzing around ever since Keith made up his mind.

"Who's gonna be the red paladin?" (Y/n) asked looking at Keith's spot and frowning at his vacancy.

"Well Allura is going to try it out so we will have to see." Shiro shrugged as Lance and Hunk arrived and took their seats.

"Ok..." (Y/n) mumbled still staring at Keith's chair like it was haunted.

"Hey, we have the game on Monday to look forward to." I suggested trying to cheer everyone else up.

"Yeah guess your right." (Y/n) shrugged logging on and pulling up her ship and started practicing.

I decided to do that as Hunk, Lance and Shiro discussed plans to beat Zarkon and his empire.

As I logged on a picture popped up making me jump and fall off my chair gaining the attention of the room.

"I can't believe he did it." (Y/n) laughed at me and laughed harder when she saw the picture of me when I was smaller.

He always used that picture to blackmail me.

Ooh it is on brother.  I thought glaring at Shiro who was sniggering trying to hold back a laugh.

"Well he is going to regret that." I muttered picking up my chair and removing the photo with ease.

"Ok let's get to it." Allura hummed sitting next to (y/n) and pulling up the red lions controls.

"Let's go." Shiro said punching in the coordinates for the mine field where they practiced their speed and agility.

"Guys blue won't start." Lance said hitting the controls as the blue lion refused to make a single move.

"Neither will red." Allura frowned looking at everyone it turn.

"Pidge can you fix it?" Lance asked looking hopefully towards her.

Pidge shook her head sadly. "Sorry guys but they are weird ships that are a built in program. The only thing we can do is find someone they will accept."

"Why don't you two swap?" (Y/n) asked as she sped through the course.

"Guess it's worth a shot. Bye Hunk, bye Blue." Lance mumbled as he got up allowing Allura to fill his spot.

"Big shoes to fill." Lance sighed looking worriedly at his controls.

"You'll be fine." (Y/n) smiled putting a hand on Lance's shoulder. "Just give it a try."