Tired

~~~your pov~~~

Going through school is exhausting as it is, but when you have been up half the night replaying a single moment over and over in your mind you tend not to sleep and then your exhausted the next day.

I yawned several times before shaking my head trying to concentrate on the lesson.

Maths.

I looked at the board and noticed the strange symbols that the teacher was using, I probably knew them but my brain wasn't playing ball. I stared at my empty book and then at the white board and the board was nearly full.

"How does she write that fast?" Hunk asked reading my mind.

"No idea buddy." Lance said taking a picture of it before the teacher could see and then started jotting it down.

"Nope there's no hope for me." I mumbled laying my head on the table.

"Oh come on, yes there is." Hunk said giving me a reassuring smile.

I smiled at him before slouching into my seat again. "I'm so tired."

"Well didn't you get any sleep when we got back?" Lance asked his focus only on what was on the board.

"Not really." I mumbled looking down trying to think of a way to change the subject. "I was thinking about... Sendak... W-why was he even here?"

That wasn't what I was really thinking about it was more Keith orientated but I couldn't let them know, not just yet anyways.

"Yeah that was weird, are you going to tell Allura?" Lance asked flicking the pages of the text book trying to keep up with the fast paced teacher.

"I can't. If I tell her then I will have to explain why we were out and not in our rooms. Shiro would murder us." I pointed out not wanting to get the blame for ratting us out.

"Good point. Well maybe it was nothing." Hunk said trying to sound optimistic looking at his work and then at the board.

"Let's be honest it's Sendak. He probably has some evil plan up his sleeve." Lance argued shaking his head.

"Let's hope not." I said rubbing the back of my head remembering what happened last time I was on the recieving end of his evil plans.

The bell rang releasing us and we slowly made our way to the control room where we found Keith and Pidge in what seemed like a one sided conversation with Pidge rambling about something and Keith just nodding every now and then.

I knew Keith didn't sleep well at nights and I knew some of the reasons why, like when he texted me and 3 in the morning seeing if I was awake as well.

Most of the time it was memories of his dad and how he died that plagued him making him feel awful and depressed. I would sometimes mentioned my family but it was hard I felt like I had started a new page and flicking back to them was only going to drag me down into that dark place.

He knew about some of the dreams that I had but he never brought them up in front of the others and I didn't bring his up either, not really wanting to hurt him in any way.

"Oh hey guys " Pidge paused their conversation to look at us all with a tired look.

Keith greeted us with a yawn and half a smile before closing his eyes again and shuffling until he was comfortable again.

"Lance can I borrow your book. I did like no work." I said slouching in my chair and grabbing a pen and my own book.

"Sure here you go." Lance smiled handing it to me before collapsing in his chair and putting his feet up on his desk.

"Allura will kill you if she was to walk in now." Hunk said knocking lances feet off and grabbing a coffee cup and some change. "Anybody want anything?"

"Oh I'll have a coffee please." I said smiling up at him trying not to lose my place in Lance's book as I handed him some change.

"I'm good." Keith mumbled kind of awake but not really.

"Coffee please." Pidge said handing him some money as well.

"I'll come with you Hunk." Lance said slowly standing up and making his way to the canteen.

"So... Why are you so tired Keith?" Pidge asked making Keith stir slightly.

"Didn't sleep. You know the rest." He mumbled sitting up a bit more.

"Yeah Matt told me bits, but what exactly is it that keeps you awake?" She asked resting her head on the table.

"Yes done!" I shouted far louder then I really should have.

"You missed one." Keith said pointing to the last question that I had missed with a small smile.

"Nooo." I said looking sadly at my book and then Lance's.

"Really (y/n) wow you are tired. It's in bold writhing as well. How did you miss it?"

"I have no idea." To be honest I didn't really miss it I just saw a chance to get Keith out of a sticky situation, I knew what he was going through and I knew that he didn't really want to talk about it.

"We're back." Lance smiled seeming more awake.

"Let me guess you have already had the coffee haven't you?" Pidge asked looking at him critically.

"Thanks (y/n)." Keith whispered to me as they began an deep discussion about the effects of coffee.

"No problem." I smiled putting my book away and sliding Lance's book back.

"Besides you would have done the same for me." I smiled nudging him slightly as Hunk handed me my drink. "Thanks Hunk."

"Where is Allura, Shiro and Coran?" Lance asked as the room went quite.

"Haven't a clue but I'm gonna take a nap if they don't get here soon." I said takinh a sip of my coffee and laying my head on my arms on the desk just wanting to sleep.