Am I really ready for this?

(Y/n) walked out of her class fumbling with her bag to try and get her timetable out, she had forgotten to save it to her phone and now was stuck with a paper copy.

As she opened her bag the strap got caught causing all of he stuff to fall out on the ground.

Her jaw tightened as she took a deep breath trying to push down the blush of embarrassment in an attempt not to explode.

Not one person stopped to help and a few of them kicked her books across the corridor chuckling to themselves as they went past.

(Y/n) didn't move for a few seconds trying to resist the urge to scream at everyone and everything.

She didn't want to be here, she didn't want to be doing this but she didn't have a way out of it and she knew that she would have to stick to it.

Letting out an exasperated sigh she crouched down to start picking up the pieces of paper and her books as she tried not to let her hands get stomped on in the process.

She reached for another piece of paper at the same time as another pale hand did.

She looked up to see Keith was holding a small bundle of her stuff. He didn't say anything as he passed her the things before standing up and leaving.

(Y/n)'s eyes narrowed as she stared after him, she didn't understand him. He seemed so closed off that morning and so disinterested and yet he was the only one who helped her at all.

Letting out another sigh she dumped all her stuff back in her bag before marching off trying to push down the blush of embarrassment.

"Where have you been?" Pidge asked slipping next to her in the queue for lunch.

"I don't want to talk about it." (Y/n) comentes crossing her arms.

"Why? What happened?" Lance asked appearing next to Pidge. "Did someone hurt you?"

"No, no, no. Nothing like that." (Y/n) sighed shaking her head. "I just practically dropped everything out of my bag."

"Oh... Happens to us all." Lance said sympathetically patting her on the shoulder. "You should have seen the first time Pidge dropped her bag."

"We are not talking about it." Pidge growled pointing a finger at Lance who simply smiled.

"Anyway my point is that it happens to us all." Lance chuckled shaking his head.

"Yeah but the weird thing was that Keith actually helped me." (Y/n) added staring at all the food.

"He did?" Lance questioned raising an eyebrow. "Kay... That is weird."

"Yeah, he's usually oblivious to you unless he doesn't completely hate you." Pidge laughed shaking her head. "Or maybe it's cause he likes you."

"Yeah right, I only met him this morning and he couldn't seem more disinterested." (Y/n) responded rolling her eyes.

"But he's like that with everyone." Lance shrugged as he grabbed a pasta pot. "He seems all closed off and then he gets used to you and he relaxed slightly."

"Lance is right he's really just a shy person who puts on a 'I'm a mean and scary murder don't come near' kinda face." Pidge said before looking around. "Where's Hunk?"

"Offered to help Mrs Emperor sort out the science equipment." Lance responded with a sigh.

"Oh dear."

"Mrs Emperor?" (Y/n) asked getting a nod from Lance.

"Yeah. Honerva Emperor, science and technology teacher, she's mean, don't get on her bad side." Pidge instructed with a fearful look.

"Okay I won't do that then." (Y/n) said a small smile growing. "What do we have next?"

"You have art." Pidge commented grabbing a panini.

"How do you know?" (Y/n) and Lance asked confused.

"I memorised your timetable purely so that I could tell you where to go, you seemed like the type of person to forget things easily." Pidge shrugged.

"Yeah." (Y/n) sighed shaking her head.

"Hunk's back." Lance commented darting off to meet up with him.

"Hunk and Lance are best friends right?" (Y/n) asked getting a nod from the smaller girl.

~~~

(Y/n) headed down the corridor towards her art classroom, as she looked down at the piece of paper with the numbers on it someone crashed into her.

She looked up to once again to meet Keith's purple eyes that seemed to stare at her for too long.

"Sorry." Keith said his eyes flickering to avoid her gaze before he disappeared into a room.

(Y/n) stared after him confused for a few seconds before she spotted the room number, that was her classroom, that ment that Keith and her were in the same class.

Groaning internally she followed and headed into the room letting her eyes look around the room for a space.

The class was still moving around so it was hard to tell.

She slowly walked over to the teachers desk where the teacher had just arrived.

"Ah you must be (y/n) (l/n)." She smiled standing up. "Everyone to your seats please!"

The pupils all quietened down as they found their seats.

That's when she realised that the only spare seat was next to Keith Kogane himself.

"There's a seat at the back, you can sit there." The teacher said making (y/n) groan internally again.

(Y/n) lowered her head before walking over feeling extremely awkward.

Keith didn't look up as she approached but he did turn to look at her when she pulled the chair back.

His eyebrows came together confused as he watched her take a seat.

(Y/n) refused to meet his gaze as she sat down dropping her bag next to her as she slid her sketch book onto the table.

Keith continued to watch her until the teacher started talking finally allowing (y/n) to relax slightly.

They had been assigned a project to copy art work of one of their favourite artists.

(Y/n) groaned lowering her head to the table closing her eyes as she thought.

She then looked up with a thoughtful face before opening her sketch pad and getting her phone out.

She flicked through a few images on Google before finding one she liked.

She then glanced over to see that Keith had already started. She stared at his page for a few seconds before looking back at her own.

'Man he is good.' She thought biting her lip before getting on with her own work.