What we both need

"Hi." (Y/n) grinned as she closed the car door behind her. She hadn't know what to expect from this meet up with Keith so she hadn't exactly dressed up. She was massively relieved when she noticed how Keith was in a t-shirt jeans and a leather jacket.

They had even colour coordinated with eachother.

Keith smirked. "Hey."

"So where are we going?" (Y/n) asked crossing her legs after she had done up her seatbelt. She knew he wouldn't mind, not when she had done this a hundred times before and had no intention of stopping.

"It's a surprise." Keith grinned kicking the car into gear turning away from the house with a crackle of gravel.

"You're not good with surprises." (Y/n) frowned focusing on him for a moment. "You're nervous."

Keith side glanced her but stayed quiet.

"Knew it." She smirked eyes going back to the road. "So this isn't just wanting to meet up is it?"

Keith sighed. "It's a bit annoying how easily you can do that."

"Hey I've been reading people for years now." (Y/n) smirked. "And I've known you for a long time so..."

"So I'm easy to read." Keith nodded.

"Not easy, cause when we first met I thought you hated me."

"Not a chance." Keith mumbled. "We're here."

Keith pulled into a parking space just outside of a large building.

"Where are we?" (Y/n) asked turning to see Keith already getting out of the car.

"I thought you were the detective." Keith teased with a smirk. "Come on I want to show you something."

Flicking the catch on her seatbelt, (y/n) hopped out of the car quickly catching up with him. Keith punched a code into the pad and the door buzzed open.

"After you." Keith offered almost bowing as he opened it.

"Why thank you kind sir." (Y/n) smiled cupping his cheek as she passed.

The hallway was a generic one, plain grey walls with a dark blue carpet and dull white lights.

"This way." Keith explained taking her free hand pulling her up the stairs.

Curiousity was bubbling in (y/n)'s gut as she wondered what on earth Keith had planned.

"Here." Keith smiled swiping his card over the panel so it opened and he lead the way inside.

It was an office, a plain boring office, but Keith didn't stop walking pulling her along the edge until they arrived at another door.

Keith opened it up and flicked the lights on to reveal a VR room.

"What is this?"

"One of the offices I work in." Keith explained continuing the tap away on the computer.

"Right." (Y/n) almost frowned, why were they here? It wasn't exactly what she expected from Keith, but then again he had always been a bit of a wild card.

"Okay so I had an idea and so I thought we could go back to simpler times." Keith explained as he plugged a USB into one of the computers before holding out one of the VR masks for her to take.

(Y/n) did so slipping it on before it adjusted glowing a soft blue as it loaded.

"How do I look?" She asked tipping her head as she stared at where Keith was.

"You look awesome." Keith sniggered.

"You know if I could see you I'd throttle you." (Y/n) reminded with a smirk.

"Oh I don't doubt it." Keith hummed a lot closer now. "You ready?"

(Y/n) nodded feeling Keith's hand intertwine with her's before the screen loaded. It loaded and the screen adjusted making (y/n) gasp.

They were on the Ferris wheel. The one that they had their first kiss on.

"Keith." She grinned turning to him to see that he was smiling at her. "Oh wow, this is amazing!" She exclaimed seeing her own hair float around in the wind. "Did you... How?"

"Yeah, it's part of my job, making VR as realistic as possible." Keith nodded squeezing her hand. "The room is designed to monitor your movements and such so it becomes more real."

"You're amazing."

Keith shrugged. "Not really."

"No, you really are." (Y/n) assured cupping his face. "You got this so on point."

Keith smiled a small flush on his cheeks. "This isn't all of it."

"You mean this isn't the surprise?" (Y/n) asked raising an eyebrow, she was already blown away, first off that Keith remembers so much from that one night and had taken the time to recreate it. She was in complete awe and knew that she was completely gone for Keith. So what else could he had in store?

Keith made an uncertain noise, nervous noise. The kind he used to make when he wanted to speak his mind but was scared of the reaction. The sound that always made (y/n) just want to wrap him up in a tight hug. "No."

"It's just me." (Y/n) reminded tilting her head with a soft smile.

Keith took a deep breath. "I want us to start dating again."

"Okay." She nodded.

"And I want it to work this time." Keith continued holding her gaze. "I... It hurt being away from you and I don't want that to happen again, cause I don't think I can actually keep going like this so..."

He trailed off.

"You talk too much." (Y/n) whispered before she stepped forwards pushing the VR mask off as she pressed a kiss to Keith's lips.

Keith seemed to relax completely against her his own mask coming off as he started to kiss back.

(Y/n) could feel all of the emotions that Keith had spoken, had shown, she knew that this ment as much to him as it ment to her. She knew that they were back, this was what they needed.

Eachother.

"What is it with you and Ferris wheels and kissing?"