The truth

"So... How about pizza on me for your win today?" Coran said pulling Keith and (y/n) into a big hug. Coran nearly strangled Keith which only made (y/n) laugh more, before being set down.

"Sounds good to me." Lance smiled as he threw his bag over his shoulder turning his computer off as he passed.

Even when Coran moved away, Pidge noticed that (y/n) and Keith stayed close. It was going to be the death of her.

The team headed up to the roof where they knew they could get some down time before the rest of the college made a big deal out of their win.

Once the pizza boxes were opened Keith gently tapped (y/n) with his shoe and sent her a look getting a nod in response. It was time.

"Man. I love pizza!" Lance sighed as he picked up another slice.

"Who doesn't?" Pidge asked rolling her eyes as Matt shoved a whole slice in his mouth.

"I know, I'm going to have Keith's piece since he isn't eating it." Allura said leaning over and grabbing one out of the box in front of Keith.

"Are you not hungry Keith?" Shiro asked picking up another one himself. "You usually can't get enough of pizza."

Keith nodded but stayed quiet he wanted to do this right, they were all friends so he knew they wouldn't mind. But still for (y/n)'s sake he wanted it to be done right.

"Um guys can we um... Talk for a minute?" (Y/n) said getting a few raised eyebrows and confused looks.

"Sure what is it?" Shiro asked cutting Pidge off before she could say anything. She sent a pout his way and slouched with the missed opportunity to mention the elephant in the room. Their undying love.

"Well... Um." (Y/n) turned to Keith who smiled slightly but in a nervous way.

"We have something to tell you." Keith finished taking a deep breath. "Why is this so hard?"

"I don't know." (Y/n) giggled as she started to laugh making Keith laugh too.

Keith doubled over as he clutched his stomach the laughter bubbling out of him, (y/n) somehow managed to stay upright but her eyes started to water.

"Oh please no." Matt said groaning as he put his head in his hands. Pidge patted him on the back with a face of pure agony as she watched the love scene play out before her.

"What's wrong with you two?" Lance asked pointing at Pidge an Matt with a confused look.

"It just hurts." Matt said crossing his arms and frowning at Keith and (y/n) as they continued to laugh. "They don't have a clue."

"Yeah just go out already!" Pidge yelled at Keith and (y/n) before flopping in defeat blowing her hair out of her face. She stared up at the sky and it took her a full on 3 seconds to realise that it had gone quiet.

Pidge lifted her head to see that Keith and (y/n)'s laughter had cut off making the others look at them confused but also intrigued.

"We are." They both said at the same time before looking at eachother with small smiles.

"Wait, what?!" Pidge, Lance and Matt yelled at the same time.

"Aww congrats guys." Hunk said sending them both a smile.

"I figured." Shiro said sending Keith a knowing look. "You do spent all your free time together."

"Wait were we supposed to think you were just friends?" Coran asked looking at the others surprised faces chuckling slightly.

"I'm so glad you told us." Allura said sending a pointed look to Pidge and Matt before continuing. "We thought you were being oblivious to your feelings."

"No not at all." Keith smiled looking at (y/n) as he grabbed her hand.

"Finally!" Matt and Pidge yelled throwing their fists in the air as they did a small celebration.

"We've been going out for a month." (Y/n) said squeezing Keith's hand as she smirked at Pidge.

Pidge's jaw dropped before her eyes narrowed. "You never told me!" She yelled throwing her bag at (y/n).

Before it could make a direct hit Keith caught it and threw it back hitting Matt in the face.

Pidge laughed before being hit by another bag that came flying her way. She looked to see a smirk and an evil look in (y/n)'s eyes.

"That's not fair you have Keith." She wined crossing her arms and leaning on (y/n)'s bag.

"You were complaining when I didn't have Keith, make up your mind." She sighed her hand still holding on to Keith's.

"Your disgusting." Pidge frowned tossing (y/n)'s bag back.

"You love us really." (Y/n) countered getting a hum in response.

"Only sometimes." Pidge smirked grabbing another slice of pizza. "You know you owe me for this."

"Why? Because I never told you? Fine what do I need to do?" (Y/n) sighed shaking her head as she waited for Pidge to respond.

Pidge tapped her chin thoughtfully before a smirk slowly spread across her face making Matt laugh.

"Kiss!" Pidge said her smile growing as (y/n) and Keith rolled their eyes.

"Fine." Keith pulled (y/n)'s arm spinning her around to face him, he then gently cupped her face and leaned in.

Their kiss was short and sweet, slow and gentle but just enough to get Pidge to stop complaining.