Future

(Y/n) stared up at the crystal clear sky letting all of the memories of her time at college come flooding back.

She had loved being there, with her friends, teachers and boyfriend.

She missed Pidge's sarcasm, her quick wit that would catch you unaware but she was always the first to apologize if she cut you up, it was a strange quality of Pidge's, it's like she sometimes didn't know when to stop, but she always knew how to make it better.

She missed Matt and how relatable he was, his eyes that shined with mischief that made everyone nervous. Oh the prank wars that they had, it all made a smiled grow on her face.

She missed Hunk, his ingenuity, his cooking. His comfort when you were low, or his hugs, wow, his hugs were the best.

She missed Shiro, Allura and Coran, sure it sounded weird to miss your teachers but... They had become her friends and taught her to sort of, I repeat sort of, like school.

She missed Lance, and his undying attempts to make everyone's lives so much better. Or the way he would appear out of nowhere with the most inspiring thing you had ever heard and then he would say something stupid. She missed his unpredictability.

She missed Keith the most.

She didn't really know where to begin on what she missed about Keith.

His laugh the bubbles out of him as if it had been released for the first time in his life.

His eyes that held so much emotion that she was surprised that she hadn't noticed it before.

She missed the quick glances and soft smiled that were sent her way, the ones that would make her feel all warm on the inside.

Oh yeah... She definitely missed that.

She missed the talking, the comfortable silence.

She missed his hand holding hers.

She missed his tough personality that seemed to melt away the second she pressed a kiss to his cheek.

Or the way that he seemed so defensive, protective over her.

She missed it.

Missed them all.

It wasn't really anyone's fault that they all seemed to drift.

Pidge and Matt went back to Italy with their parents and decided to further their education.

Hunk's dad had brought a restaurant and Hunk was always making new recipes, experimenting and was the lead chef now.

Shiro had given up teaching at the college and decided to do it all online, the amount of children who would pay to have the help of a teacher the other side of a laptop was crazy.

Coran and Allura had gone back to England for a time, apparently Allura's cousin had just moved there and they wanted to help her settle. Her name was Romelle, or at least she thought.

Lance had gone home to his parents, he worked on the farm with his family, but he had released a few songs. All of which (y/n) had download, he was good really good.

Then there was Keith.

No one seemed to hear from him.

He just seemed to slowly step out of the picture.

It hurt.

Sure they had never actually broken up but... But (y/n) could feel a change, she wasn't sure whether it was with herself or with Keith, but she kew it was there.

It wasn't like they had an argument or had pushed eachother away, no they had just drifted.

That was the only way to describe it.

So here she lay, in the middle of a field staring at the summer sky, she had grown up more and she feared that maybe everything she had with Keith was over.

The pain was now a dull ache, she'd been thinking about it for a long time. Originally it hurt like she had been cut in two but now she was at the point of acceptance.

College was nearly 3 years behind her.

And she had firmly decided to see the world at some point. But right now she just wanted to stay at home enjoy the comforts of her family.

And they seemed more then happy to let her.

Blake had come home from his travels and had taken up to doing his university work from home, it was great.

The time that they had together would be cherished but the more time she spent with her family the more it reminded her of those who she had added to the list.

The whole of the Voltron crew was her family.

And no one could take that away.

Her phone next to her buzzed, but she didn't really feel the urge to look.

Not when she could watch the birds flying from horizon to horizon. It made her want to sprout wings and fly.

Then it buzzed again.

Sighing she rolled onto her stomach and lifted her phone.

At first the message confused her until she sat up and then everything made sense.

"Pidge!" She called out scrambling to her feet as he friend appeared not too far away from her.

"I thought you would have realised that I was here, apparently you're too lost on you mind." Pidge laughed hugging her tightly.

"I've missed you." (Y/n) said quietly still hugging Pidge.

"I call you every week." Pidge laughed shaking her head.

"And you've grown." (Y/n) laughed making Pidge pout.

"And you... You look sad." Pidge said quietly staring intently into her friends eyes.

(Y/n) laughed shaking her head as the two headed towards her house.