Flight challenge

"Wow this thing really moves, I like it." Keith yelled as his red lion sped across the screen nearly crashing into (y/n).

"Careful Keith." Allura muttered as she appeared on their screens.

"Why do we have to pilot our own ships?" Hunk asked clearly feeling nervous.

"It means there is more targets and when you join forces these ships will enable you to become even more powerful." Allura explained flying the castle, as they called it.
The castle was like a portable base which the paladins relied on when under heavy fire or when they needed backup.

Lance suddenly smashed his blue lion into Pidge's green lion who crashed into (y/n) sending her spinning out of control.
"Level out (y/n)." Shiro yelled through the coms racing toward her in his black lion.

"I'm trying." She yelled back before smashing into the yellow lion who hardly moved.
Hunk somehow managed to stop her from spinning and help her to get her bearings.

"Lance!" Shiro said crossly.

"Sorry I hit the wrong button." Lance said throwing his hands up innocently.

"It's ok Lance, I have no idea what I'm doing either." (Y/n) smiled just happy to no longer be out of control.

"You need to learn how to pilot these lions by tomorrow. So get a move on I have papers to mark." Allura announced. "Coran help them out please."

"Of course Allura." Coran smiled waving her off before turning to those who were left. "Let's get going shall we?"

~~~Keith's pov~~~

"Look out!" Pidge yelled as she accidentally fired a blast marginally missing Hunk.

"Whoa Pidge, careful where you aim that thing." Hunk asked looking at his controls. "But how did you do that though?"

"This button." (Y/n) said leaning over and clicking it for him.

I watched as she returned to her seat and clicked several buttons she then looked at me and caught me staring.

'Great' I thought as I looked away trying to focus on anything else, but my eyes landed on Matt who raised an eyebrow with a smirk.

I scowled at him before nearly being blasted by Shiro who looked at me with wide and kinda apologetic eyes.

"Come on guys work with me and focus." Coran moaned hitting his head on the desk in front of him.

"Sorry... What are we doing?" I asked keeping my voice low and monotone.

"I'm releasing training drones and i want you to practice piloting against them." Coran said in a serious tone.

(Y/n) smirked barrel rolling out of the way of the blasts that were sent her way.

"There's three on my tail." Hunk yelled clearly freaking out.

"Hang on Hunk." Lance sped towards him. Drawing two of the drones attention away from Hunk relieving his friend slightly.

Pidge fired hitting one of the drones. But the other hit her making her ship blow up.

Pidge pouted as she was eliminated from the game by the drone.

Hunk was hit by the one following him, he sighed in relief not wanting to do that again.

Shiro took out the second one following Lance, before getting nearly blasted by another one. It marginally missed him and began pursuing (y/n) she dodged many of its blasts before taking a direct hit.

"Great." She mumbled leaning back in her chair and throwing her headset away.

I took out the two following him as Lance got hit and was eliminated as well, I then raced to help Shiro who had five attacking him.

I fired hitting two but one attacked from the side and I grumbled throwing my headphones down  and running a hand through my hair as I was eliminated.

Shiro was soon over powered and was destroyed as well, he sighed leaning back pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Well that was a disappointment." Matt stated glumly.

"Disappointment? More like complete disaster." Lance grumbled pouting.

"How on earth are we going to beat Zarkon if we can't even beat some stupid drones." Pidge mumbled staring at the floor.

"Well actually you should never have been able to beat them."
Everyone turned to see Coran smiling brightly at them each in turn. "They were set to the highest level. Even Zarkon wouldn't be able to beat them."

"Wait what?" (Y/n) said breaking the silence.

"You lasted longer then I thought you would." Coran laughed looking at her with bright eyes.

"Well that makes me feel so much better." Hunk smiled feeling delighted that he had done better then expected.

I patted him on the shoulder smiling slightly. "I think we are all in need of some practice."

"Indeed we do. But together I bet we can do it." Shiro said smiling at us.

"Where do we start?" Lance said leaning forward a smile creeping on to his face.

"I know exactly the place." (Y/n) lent forward grabbing her headphones and typing in the coordinates.

I recognised them immediately, from the game with Sendak, and chuckled making everyone look at me. "This so going to be great." I smiled getting ready.

(Y/n) aced it racing her (f/c) lion past the asteroids blowing up two of the drones that were chasing her.

Me and Lance got the hang of it quickly to viewing it like a game and challenging eachother to see who was better.

Shiro and Pidge were dodging the asteroids but every now and then they would get hit by the drones but they were getting better.

Hunk however was trying to dodge the asteroids but because of his lions size he was struggling, but after a while even he was doing exceptionally well.

"Yes you did it well done paladins!" Coran yelled cheering and whooping for them.

"You defeated the drones?" Allura asked reappearing with a smile and a stack of marked papers.

"Yes but only because of (y/n) and her secret training grounds." I smirked getting an elbow to the side by (y/n).

"So are we ready to face Zarkon?" Allura asked looking around.

"Yeah."
"Not really."

We all looked at Hunk who sat there nervously.

"I'm just saying.... Fine yes we're ready." He groaned clearly, still, not liking the idea of piloting.