• Chapter Fourty-Nine •

*Stef's Point of View*

The rest of the evening went by in a flash. We played a couple games of Sorry, an Christmas Eve tradition from when I was growing up. "Sorry!" My mother exclaimed, as she sent my piece back to start. We all laughed, and were having a good time.

Around eleven, we all went upstairs into the bedrooms. Lena and I walked into our bedroom, and changed into our Christmas themed pajamas my mother had gotten us the previous year. Lena sat on her side, and plugged the charger into her phone.

I sat on my side of the bed, and did the same. I leaned back against the headrest, and Lena moved closer. She laid her head on my chest, and I wrapped my arm around her. I kissed her forehead, and rubbed her upper arm with my thumb.

Lena sighed, and looked at me. "I got to thinking about what your mom said about the job search." She said, looking at the bedspread. "While you were in Dallas, I had pulled out that list I had made, and looked into the applications."

I looked at her, and half-smiled. "If you're wanting to find a job, that's fine, love." I said, thinking about how having another paycheck coming in would really help with bills and other things.

She smiled, and met my gaze. "I think I found a couple that sound interesting, so I was going to fill out the applications after New Year's." She said.

"Okay, love." I replied, smiling and rubbing her upper arm.

--------

*Lena's Point of View*

"My parents were planning on being here around ten, so we'll need to make sure we have everything set out in the kitchen." I said, thinking about tomorrow.

Stef chuckled. "Don't worry so much, love. Let's just have a nice day spending time with family." She said.

I raised an eyebrow, and half-smiled. I laughed, and looked at Stef. "Okay." I agreed jokingly. "I hope nothing gets started tomorrow. Something always seems to happen when all of our parents are here..." I said.

Stef looked at me, and raised her eyebrows. "They know how important Christmas is, so they won't start anything. Besides, it's mostly about politics, and everyone agrees that we don't talk politics on Christmas." She joked, winking.

I rolled my eyes and smiled. "Nothing good ever comes from talking politics on a holiday." I said with a slight laugh. I looked over at the clock, and saw it was midnight. "Merry Christmas, Stef.'" I said, looking back at her and smiling.

"Merry Christmas, Lena." She replied, leaning over and kissing me.