• Chapter Thirty-Seven •

*Stef's Point of View*

I got out of the cruiser, and jogged into the lobby. I went up to the desk, and got the attention of the receptionist. "Are you able to tell me what room Lena Adams Foster is in? I'm her wife." I said, panic evident in my voice. She told me the room number, and I made my way to the elevator. I got in, trying to stay calm.

The elevator reached the floor I needed to be on, and I got off, finding my way towards the room. I found it, and walked in. I saw her, laying in the bed. I walked over, and sat in the chair next to the bed. I grabbed her hand, and held it tight.

A nurse came walking in, and lightly touched my shoulder. I turned around, and faced her. "Excuse me, I'm Dr. Gordon's assistant. I just need to ask you a few questions." She said, pulling a pen out of her pocket.

I answered all the questions, and she walked out. I turned back to Lena, a tear running down my cheek. "I'm here, love." I said to her.

Tears began rolling down my cheeks, one by one. I couldn't hold them back anymore. The doctors said she would be fine, but I couldn't help but worry. There's always a chance that things could take a turn for the worst, and I couldn't lose Lena. I honestly don't know what I'd do without her. She'd always been there, through everything that I've gone through, that we've gone through.

"Stefanie Marie Foster, you are a piece of work. But you're my piece of work."

------

*Lena's Point of View*

I woke up, and slowly opened my eyes. I saw Stef sitting in a chair next to me, her face in her hands, her long blonde hair falling in front of her. "Stef?" I said.

She looked up, and smiled at me. "Hey, love." She said. She grabbed my hand, still smiling. "How are you feeling?" She asked, rubbing my hand with her thumb.

"I could be better." I joked, smiling slightly.

Stef chuckled, and shook her head. "You're ridiculous." She said, slightly laughing.

"But you know you love it." I replied, laughing.

"You're right, I do love it." She laughed.

The doctor came in later, and asked a few questions. He said he wanted me to stay overnight, just to keep an eye on things, but I'd be able to go home tomorrow. He walked out, and I looked at Stef. "You should probably call your mom, and let her know." I said, remembering she was at our house watching Penny.

Stef looked at me, and then got up. She walked out of the room for a moment, and over to a quiet spot. I looked down at the sheet covering my legs, and started thinking about everything.

Maybe now wasn't the right time. Maybe I should wait a while longer.