• Chapter Seventeen •

*Stef's Point of View*

I moved so I was right next to Lena. "Are you okay, love?" I asked.

"I think I just had a contraction." Lena said, meeting my gaze.

I got up, and grabbed the bag we had ready. I grabbed Lena's hand, and helped her out to the car. We were about fifteen minutes away from the hospital, and I held Lena's hand the whole way there.

She got checked into a room, and changed into a hospital gown. She laid on the bed, while I sat in a chair next to the bed, holding her hand. She smiled at me, and her eyes started to water.

"We're about to meet our baby." She said, the tears starting to roll down her face.

After 9 hours of Lena being in labor, we finally got to meet the new addition to our family.

"It's a girl." The doctor had said. They walked up and placed the baby on Lena's chest.

We both gazed down at the tiny creature, and Lena started crying. I kissed Lena's cheek, and pushed the hair out of her face. She looked at me, and smiled.

The doctors left the room, and I sat in the chair next to the bed. I sighed contently, as I watched Lena snuggle the newborn.

"What are we going to name her?" Lena asked, breaking the silence.

With all that had been going on, we had forgotten to talk about a name.

"I kind of like Penny." I said, looking over at Lena. "Her middle name should be Elizabeth, after her beautiful mama." I said, smiling. Lena looked at me, and tears started rolling down her cheeks again. I leaned over and kissed her.

"Penny Elizabeth Adams Foster."

"I love it." Lena said, looking back down at our baby girl.

------

*Lena's Point of View*

I watched as Stef held Penny, staring down at her tiny face. I couldn't help but smile, and I was happy that our baby was finally here.

Of course I've never felt it before now, but, a mother's love truly is different. Stef looked over at me, and smiled.

"I'm glad we did this." She said, referring back to the conversation we had nine months ago when I had mentioned that I thought we were ready.

"Me too." I said, smiling at my wife.