• Chapter Twenty-Six •

*Stef's Point of View*

Lena and I made our way out to the car after paying, and got in. As we drove home, she brought up my dad again. "Do you think you're going to pay him a visit and talk to him?" She asked, staring out the front window.

"I don't know, Lena. You know that we haven't talked in years. He has never approved of my lifestyle, and he won't change his mind. I've accepted that." I replied, sighing. "If you don't mind, I'd rather not talk about this." I said.

We pulled into the driveway, and walked into the house after the rest of the drive being silent. "Hey, Ma." I said, setting my purse down on the table by our door as I noticed her sitting on the couch.

"Hey." She replied looking at us and smiling. "How was dinner?" She asked.

"It was nice." I replied, smiling at Lena. She returned the smile, and went upstairs to change and check on Penny.

"I'm sorry I can't watch her tomorrow." My mother said, as I sat next to her. "Even though we barely talk anymore after the divorce, I still feel the need to talk to your father about this."

"It's fine, Ma." I said, placing my hand on her shoulder. "Really, don't worry about it." I assured her.

She smiled at me, and then started fidgeting with her hands. "I think I'm gonna head upstairs." She said, half smiling at me and walking up the stairs.

I sighed, knowing how much this affected her. Even though they hadn't talked in a long time, she still cared about him, and wanted him to take care of himself. I got up, and walked up the stairs. I found Lena sitting in the rocking chair with Penny. I leaned against the door frame with my arms crossed, and smiled.

Lena looked up at me, and wrinkled her forehead. "Is your mom okay?" She asked.

"She's just concerned about my father, which I can understand why. Even though they don't really talk to each other, or even see each other anymore, she still cares about him." I said, walking over to her.

I placed a kiss on her lips, and half smiled. "I'm going to head to bed. Good night, love." I said, walking out of the nursery and into my bedroom.

------

*Lena's Point of View*

I woke up in the morning, and got into the shower. I washed my curly brown hair, and let the hot water run down my back. I stepped out of the shower, and wrapped a towel around my body. I picked up my hair dryer, and began to dry my hair. I looked into the mirror, and noticed a small pimple on the side of my nose. I rolled my eyes, and shook my head. I put down the hair dryer, and brushed my hair.

I walked out of the bathroom, and saw Stef was awake. "Good morning, baby." I said, smiling at my beautiful wife.

"Good morning, love." Stef replied, smiling at me. She put her book down, and took off her glasses. "Do you have any plans over lunch? Penny and I could come to the school and join you." She offered.

I walked over to the closet, and grabbed a red blouse. "That sounds lovely." I replied as I turned around, smiling at Stef. I walked over to the dresser and got out a pair of white pants. I got dressed, and walked over to Stef. I sat on the edge of the bed, and placed my hand on her knee.

"I have a few meetings this morning, but if you wanted to come by around noon, that would work best." I said, rubbing her knee.

"We'll be there." Stef replied. I smiled, and kissed her. "I'll see you later." I said, walking out.

I pulled into the teacher parking lot of Anchor Beach, and grabbed my messenger bag. I walked into the school, and into my office. Monte walked in not too long after, and knocked on the open door, letting me know she was there.

"The first meeting is being re-scheduled to tomorrow. Casey couldn't make it due to weather, so we have about an hour to do some other work before heading into the other meeting." She said, quickly walking back out.

I sat down at my desk, and logged into my computer. I let out a long, quiet sigh, and got to work.