• Chapter Sixteen •

*Stef's Point of View*

I woke up around three in the morning, and found Lena wasn't in bed. I walked over to the nursery, and found her asleep in the rocking chair. The fan was on, so it was kind of chilly. I walked over, and stroked her arm.

She woke up, and tried to let her eyes adjust.

"Are you okay, love?" I asked, worried about her.

"Yeah, I'm fine. It was just getting warm in there, an I didn't want to make you freeze." She slighty laughed, and looked at me.

I grabbed her hand and gently pulled her up. I led her back into our bedroom, and turned on the fan a notch or two. We laid down in bed, facing each other.

"I love you." I said, smiling at her.

"I love you, too." She replied, placing a kiss on my lips.

We woke up again later, glad it was Saturday. Neither of us had to go into work. I grabbed my coffee mug out of the cupboard and poured myself some coffee. Lena sat at the table drinking water, and reading the morning paper.

I walked over, and sat next to her. "I promise I'm not going into work today, even if Captain Roberts calls." I said. "I told her that I'm taking a personal day."

Lena smiled at me, and placed a kiss on my lips. She placed her hand on the side of my face, and we leaned our foreheads against each other's. She moved away, and sighed happily.

------

*Lena's Point of View*

A couple more months had passed, and I was due in a couple weeks. I couldn't wait to meet our baby, and neither could Stef. I took the next two weeks off work, because my doctor said I should try to keep of my feet as much as I could.

Stef came into the living room where I was sitting, and handed me a glass of orange juice. She sat down next to me as I took a sip, and placed it on the coffee table. I picked up the remote, and turned on the news.

Stef placed her hand on my knee, and looked over at me. I looked at her, and she smiled.

"What are you smiling at, Stef?" I asked laughing.

"Just my beautiful wife!" She exclaimed, chuckling. She leaned in, and planted a kiss on my cheek.

She scooted closer, and leaned on me a bit. I wrapped my arm around her, and she laid her head on my chest. I ran my fingers through her long, blonde hair as we watched the news.

When it was over, we walked back into the kitchen and got some lunch going. I went to grab a couple plates and glasses, but Stef wouldn't have it.

"Lena, you heard what your doctor said. You should try to stay off your feet as much as possible, love." She said, shaking her head at me.

I rolled my eyes and smiled at her as she got everything ready. She placed the food on the table, and sat across from me. As we ate, we talked about random things.

"Have you guys made any progress on that case with the girl?" I asked.

Stef shook her head. "After CPS takes them, we don't worry about it anymore. It's not our job, apparently."

I pursed my lips, and looked at the table cloth. I knew Stef hated that it wasn't considered their job after CPS interferes. I looked at her, and gave her a half-smile.

"I'm sure they found a nice placement for her." I said, knowing that CPS tries their best.

Stef nodded. "I talked to Captain Roberts, and I'll be able to stay with you the first week of your maternity leave." She said, changing the subject.

I half smiled. "I was kind of hoping you'd do that. I didn't want to be alone for the first few days." I said, glancing up at her.

She smiled, and rubbed my forearm with her hand.

I suddenly felt a sharpness in my stomach, causing me to drop my fork back onto the table. I placed my hand on my stomach, and winced.

Stef wrinkled her eyebrows and came over to my side.

"Are you okay?" She asked.

I looked at her.

"I think I just had a contraction." J said, meeting her gaze.