• Chapter Fifteen •

*Lena's Point of View*

A few months had passed, and we were getting ready for our baby to arrive. We got the crib set up in the nursery, along with the changing table and a few cubbies for clothes and other necessities.

I put some clothes that Sharon had sent into the cubby, and a small stuffed bear my mom sent on top of the short tower.

Stef came in, and hugged me from behind. She planted a kiss on my cheek, and laid her chin on my shoulder.

"It looks nice, love." She said, as she smiled, looking around the room.

"You don't think we went overboard with all the storage compartments and clothes?" I asked.

"No," Stef chuckled. "I don't."

I turned around so I was facing Stef, and placed a kiss on her lips. I wrapped my arms around her, and held her for a minute.

"Are you okay, love?" Stef asked, smiling.

"Does something have to be wrong for me to hug my wife?" I laughed.

Stef smiled as she kissed me, and she walked out of the room, and into our bedroom. I sat down in the rocking chair that we had put in the corner of the room.

Stef walked over to her nightstand, and opened the drawer. She pulled out a small, black box and carried it back into the nursery. She walked over to Lena, and smiled.

"I got you a little something, love." She said, as she handed it to me with a big smile on her face.

I smiled as I opened it up. I gasped as I saw what is was, and tears threatened to pour down my face.

"Oh, Stef. I love it." I said, as I removed the small gold necklace from the box. I let her help me put in on, and I grabbed her hand. I pulled her closer to me, and kissed her.

-------

*Stef's Point of View*

I kissed my beautiful wife, and smiled at her as I pulled away. I took her hand, and gently pulled her out of the chair. I wrapped my arms around her waist, and placed a kiss on her cheek.

Lena smiled, and she laid her head on my shoulder as we started swaying. My phone rang, breaking up the moment. I rolled my eyes, and grabbed it out of my pocket.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Stef, I-I really hate to do this, but I need you to come down to the station." Captain Roberts said, on the other end.

"Oh, okay. I'll be right there." I hung up, and put my phone back into my pocket.

"Where are you going?" Lena asked.

"Captain Roberts just called me into the station. It shouldn't take too long, love." I said as I walked into our room to put my uniform on.

I walked back into the room, and kissed Lena. "I'll be back in a bit, love." I said.

"Yeah, see you when you get back." Lena said, raising her eyebrows while looking at the floor.

I walked out, knowing it was probably best that I don't say anything else.

------

*Lena's Point of View*

I sat back down in the rocking chair, and sighed. I put my hand on my stomach, and slowly moved it up and down. I laid my head back, and closed my eyes.

I woke up a few hours later when Stef had walked in, and started gently rubbing my arm.

"Hey, baby." She said, placing a kiss on my lips.

"Hey." I said. "What did you need to go in for?" I asked.

"Captain Roberts just needed me to fill out some paperwork for CPS about the girl Mike and I helped. It needed to be done as soon as possible." She replied.

"Mm." I replied.

"Are you sure you're feeling okay?" Stef asked, a look of concern taking over her face. "You look kind of pale, love." She said, as she stroked the side of my face.

"I'm just a little warm." I replied, taking off the sweater I had been wearing. The cool air that came from the fan instantly hit my arms, cooling me pretty quickly.

"Okay, love." Stef said, kissing my forehead.