• Chapter Thirty-One •

*Stef's Point of View*

I got home that night, and walked in the door. I walked up the stairs, and found Lena sitting on our bed, reading. I smiled, and walked in, sitting on the edge of the bed next to her. "Hey, love. How's your mom?" I asked, placing my hand on her knee.

She put the book on her bedside table, and grabbed my hand. "She's okay. It was my dad she was worried about. She said that he's been playing poker again, which is never good with him." Lena said, looking at me. "I'm going to call him tomorrow, just to talk to him and catch up."

"That's good." I said, smiling. I got up and changed into my pajamas. I sat in bed next to Lena, and stared at the comforter. She grabbed my hand once more, and wrinkled her eyebrows.

"Are you okay? You seem a bit off, tonight." She asked, worry evident in her tone.

"I'm okay, love. I'm just tired." I replied, looking at her and giving a half smile. I leaned over and kissed her. I wrapped an arm around her, and she laid her head on my shoulder. We both fell asleep not too long after.

---------

*Lena's Point of View*

I walked into the kitchen and started the coffee pot. Stef came walking in, and wrapped her arms around my waist. "Morning, love." She said, smiling.

"Good morning." I replied, slightly laughing. "What's got you in such a good mood?"

Stef chuckled slightly. "Do I need to be in a great mood to hug my wife, and say good morning?" She joked.

"Mm, depends." I replied. We sat down at the table and drank our coffee. "I'm probably gonna go call my dad in about 15 minutes." I said, looking at the table.

"Are you okay, love?" Stef asks, placing her hand on mine.

"Yeah, we just haven't talked in a while." I replied, meeting her gaze. "I'm not really sure how it's going to go. My mother said I should call him, and I don't know if she meant mention the poker thing, or not. Of course I'm not going to."

"It'll be fine, love. Go call him" Stef replied. She grabbed our empty mugs and put them in the sink. She walked up the stairs, and disappeared. I strolled into the living room, and pulled up my father's number. I called, and smiled when he answered.

"Hey, dad."