• Chapter Fourty-Eight •

*Lena's Point of View*

"Why did he want to talk about me?" Stef asked Sharon.

"I mean, all he did was ask how you were." Sharon replied. "So I'm not really sure."

Stef scoffed and got up. She walked out of the living room and into the kitchen. I looked at Sharon a moment, then got up and followed Stef. "What is going on?" I asked. "Is it really that bad that your father wants to know how you're doing?"

Stef looked at me, and raised her eyebrows. "No, it's not, Lena. What I don't get is why he didn't just call me. I know we've never seen eye to eye on many things, but that doesn't mean that he can't call me to have a conversation." She said, clearly frustrated.

"As much as I hate to say it, you did say you didn't want to talk to him when I suggested calling him." I said, raising my eyebrows.

She looked at me. "You're right, you're right." She said. She sat down at the counter and sighed. "I shouldn't be so fired up about this." She said.

I sat down next to her, and faced her. "Well, I can understand why." I said placing my hand on her knee. "He called your mother instead of you when he wanted to know how you're doing."

Stef sighed, and looked at me. "You were right when you said I should call him." She said, half-smiling. "I can't be upset about this if I don't even reach out to him."

------

*Stef's Point of View*

My mother came walking into the kitchen a few minutes later, and sat across from me. I looked at her, and half-smiled. "I'm sorry I got so upset about that, Ma." I said. "I shouldn't be upset about this if I don't even reach out to him."

"It's alright, Stefanie." My mother replied, also half-smiling. She raised an eyebrow. "You probably should call him, however." She said.

I chuckled, and nodded. "Trust me, I will." I looked at Lena, and smiled. She smiled back, and put her hand on the small of my back.

A while later we all started to eat dinner, and sat around the counter. "Well, I think this Christmas Eve has been the most interesting one yet." My mother joked.

I smiled and shook my head. I looked at Lena, and smiled.