56: Stress - Ali ibn Abi Talib RA

Magsimula sa umpisa

Me - I'm sure she drives often.

Hubs 💍💞 - Not with my wife in her car. x

I shook my head with a smile and left him on read as I locked my phone. Finishing up my cereal, I went to the kitchen to wash my bowl and spoon, placing it on the dish rack. "I'll go get ready and we can leave, yeah?" I asked Beth, picking my phone up off the table.

"Yeah, sure, but again, I need a change of fresh clothes, please."

"Oh yeah, of course. Come and pick what you want to wear yourself." I suggested to her. She nodded and followed me with her mug of coffee in hand.

I was running a little behind schedule to be honest, but I guess the girls would be okay with it.

"Oooh, nice room." She complimented, walking into the bedroom with me.

"Mind the mess." I stated, seeing King's clothes and socks strewn near his side of the bed and piled on the single seat beside the window. "Your brother isn't very tidy."

She hummed. "He must be used to maids and servants cleaning his mess up after him." She spoke, an underlying meaning to her words.

She was trying to pin King as a snobby rich guy who didn't clean up after himself because he was blessed with cleaners when he was living with their dad.

King was never up himself about it. He didn't take the helpers at his father's house for granted and always spoke to them with kindness.

In hindsight though, she was probably right, it may have been because Linda always had the duty of cleaning up after King that he didn't clean up after himself.

"He's not too bad. It's just that sometimes he's tired after work and..."

"Relax, A'ishah." She laughed. "You jumped straight to his defence."

"No!" I chuckled, feeling embarrassed that I had actually defended King instantly.

I just loved him so much, and I didn't want Beth thinking ill of him, especially when I wanted nothing more than for them to get along.

"Pick your clothes and get out." I laughed, pushing her slightly towards our wardrobe.

She pushed the door open and quickly realised my clothes were on the right side. It didn't take her long before she walked out with a black T-Shirt and a pair of my jeans. "Are these okay?" She asked me, wondering if she could take those clothes.

I nodded and she walked out to leave me to get changed in private.

It didn't take me very long and as I walked out of the room, Beth did also, her backpack in hand as she took her keys out.

"Oh my god, I almost forgot you cover outside." She said with a laugh as she looked up once she heard me, slapping a hand to her forehead and making me laugh also.

Not long after that we were seated in the car and Beth had put in the address into her phone.

We arrived at the facility and true to her suggestion, Beth parked the car and walked out with me while we spoke about King.

The same way I would try to warm King up to the idea of Beth becoming an active part of our lives, I was also trying to warm Beth up to the idea of King.

Right now, she had a lot of prejudices against him which I didn't like. I wanted them to both be supportive of each other and love each other like all siblings should.

Beth has practically been left alone in this world after the passing of her mother, granted, she was of the opinion that she had been a lone wolf her whole life.